• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ideas for a guest bathroom

geraldtancw

Reaction score
I am looking for suggestions on creating an elegant guest bathroom. What do you do at your own house? What touches would you add?

My guest bathroom is fairly modest in size but I am trying to make the best use of it.

White orchids (artificial, I couldn't justify £30+ per week on fresh flowers just for the bathroom....)

Penhaligon's Quercus Hand Wash
Penhaligon's Quercus Hand Lotion
Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet Shampoo
Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet Shower Gel

Two sets of Agnes B toiletries (from Cathay Pacific)

Reading:
BP Portrait Awards 2010
The Oriental, Bangkok
The God of Small Things
Secret London
Ian Fleming's James Bond

guestbathroomsmall.jpg

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
aren't there any plants that flower often you could place in a nice pot?

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
What's wrong with just an orchid orchid, not the cuttings, but the actual plant?

Just an opinion - the whole thing is a bit contrived looking to me. Looks like a hotel bathroom. I'm sure it's nice though.

Your biggest problem at the moment is that hand towel. Get one that fits, or at least fold it so it fits, and isn't all rumpled looking like that. Looks like you've tried really hard but then ran out of time and just shoved a towel in there.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hmmm I think it needs some color. Just one, maybe two pieces to add a little more character.

Blackhood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stazy
Hmmm I think it needs some color. Just one, maybe two pieces to add a little more character.

After a decent curry I'm sure the walls will be covered with "colour"

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
I love that tile, but I'd get a less blinged-out sink.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I'm not a huge fan of those vessel sinks, as I find them somewhat impractical, but that one seems even less practical than normal in that it just floats there. Oversplash doesn't just end up on the vanity - it ends up on the floor.

Droog

Reaction score
One thing we do is put out a basket with items people might need (e.g., a comb, shampoo, conditioner, tooth brush, tooth paste, razors, mouthwash, etc.). All disposable of course. Basically, the same as what you would see in a hotel. You can get a lot of these in a miniature version. Even if not used, it is still a nice, hospitable gesture.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Douglas
I'm not a huge fan of those vessel sinks, as I find them somewhat impractical, but that one seems even less practical than normal in that it just floats there. Oversplash doesn't just end up on the vanity - it ends up on the floor.

+1
I hate having nowhere to set **** next to the sink

GSquared

Reaction score
If you are going for elegant, I would go darker. I'd switch out the glass shelves for dark wood ones that are thick and then get a porcelain style vanity that sits on a dark wood vanity (like this: http://www.kitchenlav.com/Original%2.../17_Sue-L.jpg). I would personally go with ultra blush towels in a light charcoal color or in a soft brown color. A row of votives in front of the mirror in clear glass holders would add a lot of light at night (with maybe some cream candles if you go with brown towels and sage green if you were to go on the grey scale).

Any comments appreciated.

MrGoodBytes

Reaction score
Originally Posted by GSquared
If you are going for elegant, I would go darker. I'd switch out the glass shelves for dark wood ones that are thick and then get a porcelain style vanity that sits on a dark wood vanity (like this: http://www.kitchenlav.com/Original%2.../17_Sue-L.jpg). I would personally go with ultra blush towels in a light charcoal color or in a soft brown color. A row of votives in front of the mirror in clear glass holders would add a lot of light at night (with maybe some cream candles if you go with brown towels and sage green if you were to go on the grey scale).

Any comments appreciated.

I was thinking the same thing that it needs a few dark wood accents but with the small white tiles I just can't think of anything that would work. and if he replaced the glass shelves, the lights just not going to penetrate and he's going to have a very awkward looking black cavity in the wall... perhaps just adding a wood lip to the edge would work... but if he did that, he'd definitely need a few other accent peices else where, maybe just 2 matching wood print frames would do it.

find a better way to hold those dvd's, they scream out of place.

While I like the vessel sinks, they just seem like a trend thats not going to be around much longer.

maybe rather than the orchid, maybe a faux plant that hangs a little bit from one of the shelves. I think that might define the space a bit better
(literally the first link I pulled up:
http://www.etsy.com/listing/29198323...i-with-red-and
)

really nice looking bathroom though!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads