1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

ideal length for short sleeves

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by matadorpoeta, Apr 21, 2006.

1. Tomasso

Tomasso Senior member

I abhore short sleeved shirts. If it's smoltering out I'll wear a polo or a short-sleeved knit, but you'll never ever see me in a short-sleeved "dress" shirt.

Guys, this is what cotton voile and linen are for!

Abhorrent!

[​IMG]

2. kcgreg

kcgreg Senior member

I think it must cover the entire top half of the arm i.e. includes the biceps whether you have it or not. Even to the point of very slightly covering the elbow.

3. mensimageconsultant

mensimageconsultant Senior member

It's good that sleeve lengths vary, for proportions vary. Somebody might have long forearms and short upper arms. Somebody, like Allen Iverson, might be long in both. The idea is to wear sleeves of a length that makes arm proportions look most normal.

4. gdl203

gdl203 Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

I also dislike short sleeve button-down shirts quite intensely. I never wear them and never felt the desire to wear one. However, if I did wear short sleeve shirts (and to come back to the question asked here), I would want them to fit like this:
    [​IMG]