• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

    Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

    Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

ideal length for short sleeves

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Joined
May 5, 2005
Messages
5,841
Reaction score
1,399
To the peak of the biceps, so you can show them off if you got them. I'm serious.
 

briancl

Distinguished Member
Joined
Feb 17, 2005
Messages
1,220
Reaction score
1
i think 1" above the elbow looks old and dated. for example, take a look at current lacoste polo's. the sleeve length is really quite short. all of my t shirts and polos have sleeves no longer than mid-bicep. if we are talking button front short sleeved shirts.. well.. that might be different, but i dont own any.
 

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Joined
Jul 28, 2003
Messages
4,458
Reaction score
1
i was referring to button-up short sleeve shirts. thank you mr. kabbaz. 1" sounds good.

kent, it looks cheesy to show off your body. i'm serious. if you're very fit, people can tell regardless of how your clothes fit.

go to west hollywood and look at the gay bodybuilders wearing flourescent spandex from head to toe. tacky...
 

Connemara

[URL='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jST2Sv63WQ']
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
39,519
Reaction score
1,777
Originally Posted by matadorpoeta
i was referring to button-up short sleeve shirts. thank you mr. kabbaz. 1" sounds good.

kent, it looks cheesy to show off your body. i'm serious. if you're very fit, people can tell regardless of how your clothes fit.

go to west hollywood and look at the gay bodybuilders wearing flourescent spandex from head to toe. tacky...


I seriously doubt Kent will be mistaken for a gay bodybuilder.

As for the flourescent spandex...umm...I think Mr. Wang has some explaining to do.
 

Martinis at 8

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2006
Messages
193
Reaction score
1
Originally Posted by matadorpoeta
...kent, it looks cheesy to show off your body. i'm serious. if you're very fit, people can tell regardless of how your clothes fit...

This is true.
 

Edward Appleby

Distinguished Member
Joined
Apr 18, 2005
Messages
3,245
Reaction score
5
For the love of God, don't wear a tie with it.
 

Hanseat

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 20, 2006
Messages
236
Reaction score
1
The concept of a shirt with short sleeves escapes me. A lightweight fabric does the same thing, if it's really hot there's probably a lot of sun, so I don't expose more skin than absolutely necessary to it when wearing long sleeves. Plus, one can always roll them up if one really feels like it, it looks a lot cooler. If I need to wear a shirt, I probably need to wear a tie and jacket as well, so I short sleeves are not a choice. If I don't and it's really warm I go with a polo shirt.
 

Tomasso

Distinguished Member
Joined
Mar 10, 2006
Messages
4,078
Reaction score
15
Originally Posted by Hanseat
The concept of a shirt with short sleeves escapes me.

Short sleeve shirts are a staple of the Summer(Resort/Cruise) wardrobe. They're great for wear around the pool or beach as well as for casual evening wear. I particularly like them in linen with a one piece roll collar.



 

sach

New Member
Joined
Apr 22, 2006
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by Tomasso
Short sleeve shirts are a staple of the Summer(Resort/Cruise) wardrobe. They're great for wear around the pool or beach as well as for casual evening wear. I particularly like them in linen with a one piece roll collar.


that shirt is at least a size too big for that mannequin and the sleeves are rediculously long
 

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Joined
May 5, 2005
Messages
5,841
Reaction score
1,399
Originally Posted by Connemara
I seriously doubt Kent will be mistaken for a gay bodybuilder.
I don't have biceps worth showing off but I do think that is the ideal length.
 

Tomasso

Distinguished Member
Joined
Mar 10, 2006
Messages
4,078
Reaction score
15
Originally Posted by sach
that shirt is at least a size too big for that mannequin and the sleeves are rediculously long


Please post a photo of something that meets your criteria.
 

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How did Covid-19 impact your personal style?

  • My style hasn't changed at all.

  • My wardrobe hasn't changed but I am wearing casual clothes more often.

  • I invested in new good quality leisure and casual clothes.

  • I invested in new sartorial clothes taking advantage of the sales.

  • I purged my closet during quarantine and I have nothing left to wear.


Results are only viewable after voting.

Related Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
444,533
Messages
9,608,389
Members
200,883
Latest member
katayalcinrocki
Top