• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ideal Dress Code

masterecon

Reaction score
If you had to have the same dress code for work and home, what would your ideal dress code be? By dress code, I mean everyday attire.

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The same dress code at work and at home? I would rather not have the same dress code at work and at home. When I'm at work I'd prefer to wear a suit. When I'm at home I prefer to wear sweatpants and a t-shirt. Sometimes, I just like to lounge around in my boxers at home. I don't imagine that I'd be able to do that at work.

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm still looking for that board shorts and flip-flops set-up. Seriously. I need to find work that will allow a fairly reasonable income while dressed for a day at the beach. Better yet, a job that involves a day at the beach.

Margaret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If I had to wear the same thing for leisure as well as work, the best choice for me would be navy blazer, button down oxford, khakis, loafers. Boring, but classic and serviceable.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I change when I get home, but only because I tend to lounge around in a way that wouldn't be very good for sportsjackets or knits and I want them to last. Of course, as soon as I get home i change in to my silk pajamas.

Jovan

Banned for Good
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dakota rube
I'm still looking for that board shorts and flip-flops set-up. Seriously. I need to find work that will allow a fairly reasonable income while dressed for a day at the beach. Better yet, a job that involves a day at the beach.
Become a pro surfer already.
blush.gif

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by masterecon
If you had to have the same dress code for work and home, what would your ideal dress code be? By dress code, I mean everyday attire.

Jeans, hoodies, tees, kicks, and accent belts. Sometimes accent glasses and/or military style caps. Unfortunately, the pay sucks...

raley

Reaction score
Write an intro book and make all your students buy it. Then market it and make a few of the big public schools buy it as well (you seem to be pretty good at marketing - Jay Allen). Should help you buy a few more pairs of jeans.

Originally Posted by LA Guy
Jeans, hoodies, tees, kicks, and accent belts. Sometimes accent glasses and/or military style caps. Unfortunately, the pay sucks...

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If I had to choose something, I would go with smoking jackets. Hmm, I think there's actually a guy out there who dresses in smoking jackets for work and while lounging around at home. If I only I could remember his name...
laugh.gif

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
I pretty much dress the same at work as I do on weekends, as dressed up or down as I feel since I have a "creative" job that doesnt have any dress code and I can look 'relevant' dressed in a suit just as easily as if I wear jeans/tshirt.

PunctualAlex

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
I pretty much dress the same at work as I do on weekends, as dressed up or down as I feel since I have a "creative" job that doesnt have any dress code and I can look 'relevant' dressed in a suit just as easily as if I wear jeans/tshirt.
I don't have a job yet, but when I do I want his. My ideal dress code is whatever I'm already wearing. Right now I'm a student so I'm allowed to wear whatever I want. If I didn't think it was ideal, I wouldn't wear it.

masterecon

Reaction score
Would anyone wear a tie?

Edit: To include casual/social and work.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads