Ideal Dress Code

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by masterecon, May 11, 2006.

1. masterecon

masterecon New Member

If you had to have the same dress code for work and home, what would your ideal dress code be? By dress code, I mean everyday attire.

2. odoreater

odoreater Senior member

The same dress code at work and at home? I would rather not have the same dress code at work and at home. When I'm at work I'd prefer to wear a suit. When I'm at home I prefer to wear sweatpants and a t-shirt. Sometimes, I just like to lounge around in my boxers at home. I don't imagine that I'd be able to do that at work.

3. Dakota rube

Dakota rube Senior member

A bit better than yesterday, all day vomiting for
    I'm still looking for that board shorts and flip-flops set-up. Seriously. I need to find work that will allow a fairly reasonable income while dressed for a day at the beach. Better yet, a job that involves a day at the beach.

4. Margaret

Margaret Senior member

If I had to wear the same thing for leisure as well as work, the best choice for me would be navy blazer, button down oxford, khakis, loafers. Boring, but classic and serviceable.

5. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

I change when I get home, but only because I tend to lounge around in a way that wouldn't be very good for sportsjackets or knits and I want them to last. Of course, as soon as I get home i change in to my silk pajamas.

6. Jovan

Jovan Banned for Good

I'm still looking for that board shorts and flip-flops set-up. Seriously. I need to find work that will allow a fairly reasonable income while dressed for a day at the beach. Better yet, a job that involves a day at the beach.
    Become a pro surfer already.[​IMG]

7. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

If you had to have the same dress code for work and home, what would your ideal dress code be? By dress code, I mean everyday attire.

Jeans, hoodies, tees, kicks, and accent belts. Sometimes accent glasses and/or military style caps. Unfortunately, the pay sucks...

8. raley

raley Senior member

Write an intro book and make all your students buy it. Then market it and make a few of the big public schools buy it as well (you seem to be pretty good at marketing - Jay Allen). Should help you buy a few more pairs of jeans.

Jeans, hoodies, tees, kicks, and accent belts. Sometimes accent glasses and/or military style caps. Unfortunately, the pay sucks...

9. odoreater

odoreater Senior member

If I had to choose something, I would go with smoking jackets. Hmm, I think there's actually a guy out there who dresses in smoking jackets for work and while lounging around at home. If I only I could remember his name... [​IMG]

10. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

I pretty much dress the same at work as I do on weekends, as dressed up or down as I feel since I have a "creative" job that doesnt have any dress code and I can look 'relevant' dressed in a suit just as easily as if I wear jeans/tshirt.

11. PunctualAlex

PunctualAlex Well-Known Member

I pretty much dress the same at work as I do on weekends, as dressed up or down as I feel since I have a "creative" job that doesnt have any dress code and I can look 'relevant' dressed in a suit just as easily as if I wear jeans/tshirt.
    I don't have a job yet, but when I do I want his. My ideal dress code is whatever I'm already wearing. Right now I'm a student so I'm allowed to wear whatever I want. If I didn't think it was ideal, I wouldn't wear it.

12. whoopee

whoopee Senior member

Wear what I feel like that day.

13. designprofessor

designprofessor Senior member

14. masterecon

masterecon New Member

Would anyone wear a tie?

Edit: To include casual/social and work.

15. Eskie

Eskie Member

A tie at HOME??? [​IMG]