• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

ID the maker: Harrison James shirts made in Italy by ???

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dear Folks:

Harrison James was a superluxury men's store located in a midtown Manhattan townhouse from 1997 to 1999. I only got to the closing sale myself. I still remember the intimidating power of the striped suiting.

All of their clothing was private-label. They seem to have changed makers often. Tailored clothing makers included Attolini, Kiton, and St. Andrews - a high standard.

The store is fondly remembered by SF members here and here.

I have found threads on HJ suit and shoe makers, but none for shirts.

What I have is shirts with signs of two different makers. I have pictured label, collar, and gusset details.

Any help appreciated.

Off-white shirt:

Blue shirt

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
....anybody?

Annadale

Reaction score
Your problem is that most posters here are late teens to early twenties, so they were barely weaned when those shirts were made. Some of the older guys might remember though, they tend to be a bit more active at night, something to do with more years/less sleep. Don't give up yet.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.