• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ID: Guy from The Sartorialist

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The comment would have been tasteless if i did have an anti-homophobic agenda which is not the case...

I do think some of the pictures taken are not especially creative nor interesting ....
But he is not a reference ,a fashion bible and you're absolutely right on that point...

When somebody post a picture on a website ,it is becoming public domain and therefore we have the right to react in the manner we do choose appropriate...

i do think think the Sartoriaist is letting himself being guided too often by his hormones ,that's it...

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
I've been bitching about that for a while. Half of his pictures have no fashion/stylistic merit and are a pretty face...it's hilarious to see his latent homosexuality in the guys that he shoots.

Now go find a ********* in Balenciaga.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Models are paid to represent a certain image promoted by a designer....
The Sartorialist is an independent blog based on normal people pictured in the streets....

You do know when you watch a fashion campaign or runway that you're looking at a person's vision...If the Sartorialist's aim was to promote his view of fashion so be it but do not try to make it like some instant polaroids of street fashion...

The old chestnut of editorial lies and influences...

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lasbar
Models are paid to represent a certain image promoted by a designer....
The Sartorialist is an independent blog based on normal people pictured in the streets....

You do know when you watch a fashion campaign or runway that you're looking at a person's vision...If the Sartorialist's aim was to promote his view of fashion so be it but do not try to make it like some instant polaroids of street fashion...

The old chestnut of editorial lies and influences...

This relates to this thread how....?

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
This relates to this thread how....?

Just sit back and enjoy our resident Franco-English poet.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think he's saying he's getting tired of reading the Sartorialisthatefest going on around here.

Now don't start saying he shouldn't read the thread...

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Okay, so as someone said in the comments they see this guy all over the West Village. I see him in BG, at a Michael Bastian event, Fashion Week, various other places. Anyone know who he is? Someone in the comments said something about "Ward."

http://bp3.blogger.com/_qjpwnPW4c1o/...st-Hampton.jpg

Are you looking to cheat on Kallun?

Originally Posted by LabelKing

I find his casual-wear semi-offensive.

Semi only??

Originally Posted by RJman
Perhaps, an asparagus bouquet, is in order?

Socal's veggies are canned, not fresh.

Originally Posted by TheHoff

shannonwhillfg4.jpg

What is the rise on those pants, about 25 inches?

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel

Socal's veggies are canned, not fresh.

Nothing is canned. The picture in that plant you saw was field to produce section in 3-4 days.

redcaimen

Bigtime
Reaction score
Is he stylish? No...Is he especially creative? Not really....

Is he worth a thread? No...

The Sartorialist is becoming a stalker for pseudo-good looking not very masculine boys...

Well, if its any consolation to him its not a rare condition.

Tomasso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
He began as such but he is now under exclusive contract to Conde Nast to do their bidding. Hence the proliferation of fashionistas and industry folk.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I hope that the trick is working for him.....Good luck to him...

Please do not get defensive if we're not attracted by a certain aesthetics...
I have nothing against gay people but i 'm not sensitive to their aesthetic in fashion terms...

There is not homophobic in such a reaction...i would have had the same nervous twitch if somebody was posting bimbos under a fashion pretext...

If you do post such pictures ,we're entitled to criticize them ...

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
I hope that the trick is working for him.....Good luck to him...

Please do not get defensive if we're not attracted by a certain aesthetics...
I have nothing against gay people but i 'm not sensitive to their aesthetic in fashion terms...

There is not homophobic in such a reaction...i would have had the same nervous twitch if somebody was posting bimbos under a fashion pretext...

If you do post such pictures ,we're entitled to criticize them ...

Can someone translate please?

Originally Posted by Tumbleweed
What on earth gave you that impression?

A shirtless guy in boardshorts...I'm sure as it was being taken he was thinking "pervert."

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tumbleweed
What on earth gave you that impression?

Lol you guys are so right. I didn't even scroll all the way to the bottom and I saw young men with their shirts off, men in shorts, etc. There was nothing notable about their attired and two of them were even wearing flip-flops. =/

Joel_Cairo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can someone translate please?

I'm not 100% sure what he's getting at, but it seems lasbar thinks your white/navy polo shirt makes you look gay, which seems to give him some kind of "twitch"

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics