• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Iceberg History Jacket - Genuine or Fake?

TheIceman

Reaction score
Hi people.

For any guys out there that know about Iceberg History clothing, can anyone please advise if this jacket is genuine or not?

I have uploaded a few pics. I believe the jacket was bought from America, and it was given to me as a gift.. but I am not sure if it is a genuine or fake? Have uploaded a few pics below.

21272198.jpg

32417763.jpg

68364088.jpg

25103539.jpg

15211241.jpg

If anyone can shed some light on this, I'd be most grateful.

Many thanks.

TheIceman

Reaction score
Also if anyone knows how i can make the pics smaller, please let me know. thanks.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TheIceman
Also if anyone knows how i can make the pics smaller, please let me know. thanks.

Open them in any picture editing software, including MS Paint, and change the size. Many uploaders will give you the option to shrink them as well.

TheIceman

Reaction score
Hi there, anyone have any ideas - would be much appreciated.

Many thanks.

Pawz

Reaction score
If it's a fake, the artisans did their homework by including the Gilmar tag. ;)

There is a concern, however. The orange tag should read "Ice History" with "Iceberg" beneath it; I've never seen a 'History" tag. Also the "Made in Italy" should be on a separate tag stitched (loosely) to the bottom of the larger tag.

This, however, doesn't mean your jacket isn't genuine.

Last edited:

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A better question:

What whould you wear that with and why?

Pawz

Reaction score
What whould you wear that with and why?

Yo! I'd rock it wit' a fly pair a' Jordan's, muh phat-ass Diesel jeans, and muh Yankee's snapback.

melina222

Reaction score
If it's a fake, the artisans did their homework by including the Gilmar tag.
wink.gif

There is a concern, however. The orange tag should read "Ice History" with "Iceberg" beneath it; I've never seen a 'History" tag. Also the "Made in Italy" should be on a separate tag stitched (loosely) to the bottom of the larger tag.
This, however, doesn't mean your jacket isn't genuine.

SPOT ON! I think you are so right as I would say the same! And I have never seen this design to an Iceberg jacket before?

ashleyd

Reaction score
Its a fake . the only iceberg jacket that was made in that design was a white tissue leather ( £950) and the cartoon image was a skunk
i think he was called pepe le paw if you google the name you may find a picutre of him .

King-Bj

Reaction score
i had a few leather's that i brought out of the lark,,,ur right my dude the letters are more spaced,,however it could just be typo because ithas the gilmour tag,,,but dat **** look like if i would have saw it back in da day i would have coped dat for 8 hundo on life i was a iceberg head,,i think its sum new **** out here i saw puffy wit dis raw ass mickey mouse shirt on idle last week an i been insearch since

William Fusco

Reaction score
Under the gilmar tag should be a copyright warner brothers tag. Others have disney etc. Always check for that. Although most history iceberg tags are black and grey, the ladder tags at times were orange similar to the ice iceberg tag. I'm not crazy about the shape of that tag though.

Valencio Danes

Reaction score
i had a few leather's that i brought out of the lark,,,ur right my dude the letters are more spaced,,however it could just be typo because ithas the gilmour tag,,,but dat **** look like if i would have saw it back in da day i would have coped dat for 8 hundo on life i was a iceberg head,,i think its sum new **** out here i saw puffy wit dis raw ass mickey mouse shirt on idle last week an i been insearch since
Why in the **** are you typing this way? You're a grown man, what the hell is wrong with you? You sound like a mu'fuckin' moron.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads