• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ice Hockey

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JD_May
You can have an asbolutely vicious check that was borderline intent to hospitalize that, by luck, doesn't keep a guy out for very long. And you can have something that was irresponsible but, on the whole, unintended, that puts a guy out for months because he happened to fall the wrong way. I don't want to see people suspended based on that kind of fluke. Look at the action itself. Bertuzzi's a good example; Moore deserved to get sucker punched, he did not deserve to have his career ended and I don't think anyone will honestly say Bertuzzi was trying to injure him, and his suspension should have been exactly the same as it would've been if Moore had played the next Avs game. But some people were calling for him to be kicked out of hockey because of it. Meanwhile Claude Lemieux's hit on Kris Draper, one of the dirtiest plays ever, didn't keep Lemieux out of action. Domi's elbow was intent to injure... whether or not Niedermayer played the next game matters not at all. It's the nature of the act that should determine the penalty.

Flukes are just that: flukes. Any decent ref will understand that. But when someone intends to hit/slash/but-end someone else, I'm not that interested in whether he actually intended to break a bone or not...he did, and he should be held accountable for it. I'm tired of all this crap in hockey. Some say it's part of the game, but I say it isn't. I watch hockey to see skill and speed. When I want to see violence, I watch MMA.

Vashin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ovechkin is definitely the most exciting player in the league, in fact the caps are probably one of the most exciting teams to watch... semin has great hands and is an awesome goal scorer when he's not injured, backstrom makes insane plays and green plays like a forward... so awesome

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
I fear the day when the Caps land a big solid defender and a strong goalie.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teacher
I watch hockey to see skill and speed. When I want to see violence, I watch MMA.
confused.gif

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. I'd rather watch that than watch it how they play it in europe.

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Uh, they didn't do too poorly otherwise....

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
Penguins, 5 consecutive losses. Crosby, zero points in all 5 games.

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The Wilds is win!

ryoneo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gomestar
Penguins, 5 consecutive losses. Crosby, zero points in all 5 games.

Music to my ears!

Viktri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JD_May
confused.gif

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. I'd rather watch that than watch it how they play it in europe.

it's like he had a personal cloaking device.

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Oh, Wild. You had such a good thing going....

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Imagine if Stevens played today, with the no hooking/holding policy...those guys would have been travelling much faster...I still can't believe those guys weren't aware of him on the ice.

Gettin' ready for HNIC...I love Saturday nights (I'm a loser, I know).

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oilers are going to finish last this year
facepalm.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics