Ice Hockey

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Stazy, Oct 22, 2006.

1. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

You dismiss the Canucks too easily... before the playoffs a lot of people felt we had a very strong chance to go deep. Besides, at the beginning of the season, you never know who is a contender, aside from Detroit. Where'd the sharks go?

2. ryoneo

ryoneo Senior member

You dismiss the Canucks too easily... before the playoffs a lot of people felt we had a very strong chance to go deep. Besides, at the beginning of the season, you never know who is a contender, aside from Detroit. Where'd the sharks go?

Truth.... and what about Boston? who knew they would be THAT good.

3. Stazy

Stazy Senior member

+1.

I don't think Luongo is going anywhere.

4. cheessus

cheessus Senior member

Hiller is playing out-of-his mind right now. Best goalie of the postseason by far.

5. Casual

Casual Senior member

No, I call them like I see them. Whatever "a lot of people" say at the beginning of the season, the fact is Luongo has won 11 playoff games in his career. Giving him the captaincy is not going to keep him in Vancouver. Wasting $5 million on a over the hill player isn't going to make the Canucks a contender. Where have the Sharks ever gone?

6. Casual

Casual Senior member

Hiller is playing out-of-his mind right now. Best goalie of the postseason by far.

He was something else tonight. They just said it will be Detroit's first game seven in seven years.

7. Mauby

Mauby Senior member

Blackhawks are going to have a tough time with either the Ducks or Redwings. I'm looking forward to a good series.

8. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

Wasting $5 million on a over the hill player isn't going to make the Canucks a contender.
    Having 5 top 4 d-men, two of the better two-way forwards in the NHL in Kesler and Burrows, and a pretty consistent lineup throughout (Canucks could roll 4 lines better than just about anyone), not to mention a solid system, made them a contender. It's about depth more than anything. Moreover we now have one of the best prospects waiting in the wings in Hodgson. He could be a dud of course, but that's always the way.

Canucks are fine. They're not set, but they're fine. In order to really get a dominant young team outside of Detroit these days you need to be somewhere around last in the league for at least 1-2 seasons. Which is how Pittsburgh, Washington, Chicago, Buffalo a couple of years ago and to a large extent Boston this year did it, and I wouldn't be surprised to see the Coyotes do it pretty soon, though they might do it under another name. For a team that consistently finishes in or near the playoffs, we do okay. We could definitely draft better, but recently that's been on the ups with Bourdon (RIP) Grabner Raymond Edler and Hodgson.

9. Teacher

Teacher Senior member

Yeah...who the hell saw that coming? I certainly didn't. Thomas was my early favorite.

10. dkzzzz

dkzzzz Senior member

And the champions of the world are ....Russians again.

11. Hard2Fit

Hard2Fit Senior member

Oooh baby.
    I'm so excited.

12. Hard2Fit

Hard2Fit Senior member

Oh wow.
    Heluva save by Fleury.

13. cheessus

cheessus Senior member

Here we go! AFOAISFPWOEIoskafs;dkga'as

14. Hard2Fit