• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ice Hockey

ryoneo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by IUtoSLU
I played from when I was 6 until 15. In high school I chose wrestling over hockey. But I'm still a big hockey fan. My brother played jr A and eventually Div 3 college hockey. Go Blues (great win last night over Chicago...felt good)!

The Blues have my favorite player, Paul Kariya. I hope he gets 90+ points this season. And oh yea, the Flyers chocked last night in OT.... great start, 0-3-2
plain.gif

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by IUtoSLU
I played from when I was 6 until 15. In high school I chose wrestling over hockey. But I'm still a big hockey fan. My brother played jr A and eventually Div 3 college hockey. Go Blues (great win last night over Chicago...felt good)!
You should thank me and my University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux for that win.

Film Noir Buff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rangers fan here. I think you have to be brought up watching or playing hockey to take to the sport. It's major appeal in the States is a thing for people with too much time and money to do. Which is why the fights have been curbed, it upsets the spectating supermodels.

Hockey has not been the same since the lockout, it has a European soccer style to it. Partly because it has so many Europeans who wont scrap and partly because the players are so big now they can kill each other which was never a problem when it was mostly French Canadians playing.

rents

Reaction score
I'm from the Toronto area so obviously I love hockey. Thank god I am not a Leafs fan though, I have been a Habs fan all my life. Well since I was 5.

Tck13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Our local ECHL team (Reading Royals) now has switched from being a farm team for the LA Kings to Toronto Maple Leafs.

I'm not really sure why I added that to this thread, but I did.

ryoneo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ it's all good.... this is the ice hockey thread overall.....

oh yea, is anyone a coach up in here? ...and anyone near philly still do public hockey
laugh.gif

Tck13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ryoneo
oh yea, is anyone a coach up in here? ...and anyone near philly still do public hockey
laugh.gif

I coached a little bit and it was a lot of fun. I stopped doing it because it was so much time and I needed to make some extra money. I switched to refereeing for about 8 years although I've given it up. I just got sick of refereeing and all of the crap that goes along with it.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My fantasy hockey team is kicking ass. Just thought I'd share...

mcpaul

Reaction score
"Ice" Hockey.

Your title gave me a chuckle.

Canucks fan living in cowtown - loved it when they took down the Flames back to back!

Tough to have such a long road trip to start the year though.. Hopefully they get back on track when they get home.

ryoneo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stazy
My fantasy hockey team is kicking ass. Just thought I'd share...

I think my team may be better... who u got?

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ryoneo
I think my team may be better... who u got?
There are ten teams in the league. Everyone dresses 3 C, 3 RW, 3 LW, 4 D, and 1 G every day. Point system: G (2), A (2), +/- (1), PPP (1), SHP (1), GWG (1), SOG (0.2), W (4), GA (-1), SV (0.2), SHO (2). Centre: Olli Jokinen Saku Koivu Pavel Datsyuk Patrice Bergeron Left Wing: Alex Tanguay Thomas Vanek Wojtek Wolski Aaron Voros Right Wing: Milan Hejduk Jonathan Cheechoo Alexei Kovalev Joffrey Lupul Defence: Brian Rafalski Joe Corvo Brent Seabrook Kevien Bieksa Goalies: Chris Osgood Jean-Sebastian Giguere I'm running out of patience with Lupul and I think my LW is kind of weak. Other than that, I'm happy. I traded Ovechkin for Tanguay and Datsyuk just before the season started.

ryoneo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ nice.... i'm in a 12 team pay league that has been going on for 6 years now... i'm the commissioner and I set up the league to have 3 centers, 2 right and left wings, 3 d-men, 2 goalies, two utility spots, a winger spot and reserves. We go by just about every stat category for players and goalies. The league is also head-to-head and it's very addictive. But here's my roster:

Centers:
Brad Richards
Patrick Marleau
Joe Sakic
Mikko Koivu
Eric Staal

Left Wings:

Paul Kariya
Ryan Malone
Alex Tanguay

Right Wings:
Petr Sykora
Maxim Afinogenov
Teemu Selanne
Steve Bernier

Defense:
Rob Blake\t
Filip Kuba
Ron Hainsey

Goalies:
Chris Osgood\t
Henrik Lundqvist
Andrew Raycroft

I am waiting/ sitting on Raycroft to get the starting gig and Selanne to do anything at this point. And I just dropped Malone for Kris Versteeg, if he is still in your league, get him. He plays on the same line as Kane and Towes and gets crazy PP time.

mcpaul

Reaction score
My hockey teams suck this year as I hadn't been paying attention prior to the draft. (football).

I took the recommendation of Versteeg though, thanks!

Spatlese

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Toronto getting a second team? Would this double the misery of the fan base before another serious cup run? On the other hand, it could very well double the number of top draft picks playing in the city for the forseeable future.

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Spatlese
Toronto getting a second team? Would this double the misery of the fan base before another serious cup run? On the other hand, it could very well double the number of top draft picks playing in the city for the forseeable future.

It would be awesome if the new TO team wins a cup in the first few seasons.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads