Ice Hockey

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Stazy, Oct 22, 2006.

1. Stazy

Stazy Senior member

lol @ Balsillie totally kicking Bettman in the nuts with the offer to buy Phoenix.

Bettman is a total douche. I read an interesting conspiracy theory concerning his rise as NHL commissioner. He used to work for the NBA and apparently league officials thought he was useless so they purposely recommended him to the NHL because they knew he would do a terrible job.

2. Dakota rube

Dakota rube Senior member

A bit better than yesterday, all day vomiting for
    ...totally kicking Bettman in the nuts...

I think there are a lot of people in this line...

3. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

So, with about 3 minutes left in a game we're leading 1-0, Willie Mitchell decides he plays for Chicago now. He gives the puck away, then puts his stick out to re-direct Havlat's shot into our net for a 1-1 tie. He then gives the puck away again to Bolland, who gets a breakaway and almost wins the game. Awesome.

I wouldn't be too upset with a 2-2 tie, that's a 3 game series in which we get home ice advantage... but come on, you can really put some pressure on and you give up a chance like that. I'm not impressed.

4. enjoiii

enjoiii Senior member

So, with about 3 minutes left in a game we're leading 1-0, Willie Mitchell decides he plays for Chicago now. He gives the puck away, then puts his stick out to re-direct Havlat's shot into our net for a 1-1 tie. He then gives the puck away again to Bolland, who gets a breakaway and almost wins the game. Awesome.

I wouldn't be too upset with a 2-2 tie, that's a 3 game series in which we get home ice advantage... but come on, you can really put some pressure on and you give up a chance like that. I'm not impressed.

Wow that sucks I am very disappointed. I was at school so fortunately I didn't have to put myself through the torture of watching that.

5. ryoneo

ryoneo Senior member

That Chi-Van series is great and has everything you want in a playoff game.

6. ryoneo

ryoneo Senior member

What do some of you guys think about Bettman's decision to stay in the desert? If hockey is to survive, then it should go to a fan market that will support its team. I think that giving Canada a team would be the best for the NHL, but that asshole wants the team to stay in Phoenix.

7. sonick

sonick Senior member

What do some of you guys think about Bettman's decision to stay in the desert? If hockey is to survive, then it should go to a fan market that will support its team. I think that giving Canada a team would be the best for the NHL, but that asshole wants the team to stay in Phoenix.

His interest is purely for himself, to not make it look like he made a mistake putting a team in the desert.

Secondly for the fabled "TV rights" in the US. The major US sports networks wouldn't be any more likely of signing on if they moved another team to Canada

8. Film Noir Buff

Film Noir Buff Senior member

His interest is purely for himself, to not make it look like he made a mistake putting a team in the desert. Secondly for the fabled "TV rights" in the US. The major US sports networks wouldn't be any more likely of signing on if they moved another team to Canada
    Maybe but the Canadians have a history of losing teams too. Did anyone hear about this fan posting that he was going to kill Ovechkin? Troubling, troubling[​IMG]

9. Stazy

Stazy Senior member

Did anyone hear about this fan posting that he was going to kill Ovechkin? Troubling, troubling[​IMG]

Not for Pittsburgh [​IMG]

10. cheessus

cheessus Senior member

Seriously this is ridiculous what the refs are doing.

11. Hard2Fit

Hard2Fit Senior member

This may get embarrassing. . .

12. Vashin

Vashin Senior member

WTF BOSTON, canes better not win the cup

13. brlfvr

brlfvr Senior member

The pace of the Bruins/Canes game is crazy. The Canes looks scary good. Glad the Hawks won last night. I think they deserved the win in the end. The Canucks have definitely tighten things up defensively.

14. MetroStyles

MetroStyles Senior member

I don't know much about hockey, but how ridiculous is Ovechkin's current scoring streak these playoffs? Is it considered epic yet?

15. Hard2Fit

Hard2Fit Senior member