• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ice Hockey

jamesd

Reaction score
Sabres fan here, 4-0-0.
Flyers' fan, you can keep Briere and Biron -- though I like Biron, he's such a nice guy, shouldn't be in Philly.

RyJ Maduro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ryoneo
^^ where do u play and for whom?? if you dont mind me asking.

Last real (kindof) team I played for was Moravian College for a year; now it's pretty much the occasional beer league game/open hockey. If I go to Towson next year I'll probobly go out for the team.

ryoneo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jamesd
Sabres fan here, 4-0-0.
Flyers' fan, you can keep Briere and Biron -- though I like Biron, he's such a nice guy, shouldn't be in Philly.

shouldnt be in philly? so much hate... we are a great hockey city

WN2

Reaction score
Game itself is not that bad, but most series systems are badly flawed. That's not a problem for Americans though, I'd think.

jamesd

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ryoneo
shouldnt be in philly? so much hate... we are a great hockey city

I know, it is a great hockey city but . . . a little abrasive?
I just think Biron might not be thick-skinned enough to handle it if he doesn't start playing a little better.

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Grew up watching the IHL. Fort Wayne Komets was the home team.
Played for ten years and in an adult league a little. Only sport I had any ability in.
Lived in Dallas when the Stars moved there and went to most home games for 2 years. Don't follow the sport as much anymore, until the playoffs begin.

ryoneo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jamesd
I know, it is a great hockey city but . . . a little abrasive?
I just think Biron might not be thick-skinned enough to handle it if he doesn't start playing a little better.

I see your point. When things go bad in philly so do the fans. I hope he wakes up fast.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Been a Red Wings fan since 93. It started with Fedorov being the best player in NHL '92 for Genesis, and when when they played the Leafs and lost in the first round, I was going for the Red Wings just to piss off my brother, but I really got in to it. Turns out they were an awesome team and i loved watching them play. And no team had a captain with more class that Steve Yzerman. I was so happy for him when they finally won their first cup of the 90s, cause there wasn't a guy that deserved it more than he did.

eg1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Learned to skate before I was 3. Have played hockey on and off for over 40 years. Used to live to watch it as a little kid. Now I cannot stand regular season NHL hockey: it is ******* lacklustre.
plain.gif
The playoffs -- now that is the real deal.

Living near Toronto makes hockey tedious. The Leafs suck and their stupid fans take up all the local sports-talk radio airtime. Our hockey culture is also riddled with intolerable dinosaurs. I cannot imagine encouraging my son to play.

Purely as a spectator I now prefer basketball, football and soccer.

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
^
I remember being in TO and a guy says to me " great hockey game last night, Leafs lost by only 2"

Viktri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Despos
^
I remember being in TO and a guy says to me " great hockey game last night, Leafs lost by only 2"

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I caught this gem in a hostel in Florence:
HPIM0734.jpg

ryoneo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQgeek
Been a Red Wings fan since 93. It started with Fedorov being the best player in NHL '92 for Genesis, and when when they played the Leafs and lost in the first round, I was going for the Red Wings just to piss off my brother, but I really got in to it. Turns out they were an awesome team and i loved watching them play. And no team had a captain with more class that Steve Yzerman. I was so happy for him when they finally won their first cup of the 90s, cause there wasn't a guy that deserved it more than he did.
Stevie Y was the man... too bad he had to sweep the Flyers to do so...
mad.gif

ryoneo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by eg1
Learned to skate before I was 3. Have played hockey on and off for over 40 years. Used to live to watch it as a little kid. Now I cannot stand regular season NHL hockey: it is ******* lacklustre.
plain.gif
The playoffs -- now that is the real deal.

Living near Toronto makes hockey tedious. The Leafs suck and their stupid fans take up all the local sports-talk radio airtime. Our hockey culture is also riddled with intolerable dinosaurs. I cannot imagine encouraging my son to play.

Purely as a spectator I now prefer basketball, football and soccer.

Im sorry to hear about your loss of interest. But as a hockey coach, you should give your a chance to enjoy the sport without all the excess crap that goes on beyond the ice.... And yes, Leafs fans are the worst
smile.gif

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My beloved Oilers are 4-0 to start the season...I just came back from the game. There is nothing better than beating the Calgary Flames.

IUtoSLU

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I played from when I was 6 until 15. In high school I chose wrestling over hockey. But I'm still a big hockey fan. My brother played jr A and eventually Div 3 college hockey. Go Blues (great win last night over Chicago...felt good)!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads