Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Ice Hockey

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Stazy, Oct 22, 2006.

1. jaydc7

jaydc7 Senior member

Flyers/Penguins game is great so far. And its hasn't even been 10 minutes!

2. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

I like the flyers / pens series in theory... philly's goalie can implode at any minute, and the entire penguins team could also implode at any minute. Oh eastern conference... you are about as relevant as the world hockey championships. How many of these teams would survive if they were playing against the same seed in the west, instead? Boston... maybe.

3. ryoneo

ryoneo Senior member

Yes! Flyers pulled one out and cut the series in half. Way to go boys!

4. sonick

sonick Senior member

Holy crap the Blues are hitting everything in sight. Keith Tkachuk is a MONSTER.

C'mon Canucks!

Edit: wow way for the canucks to finish on the powerplays! Total swing of momentum in the 2nd. Knock on wood.

5. ryoneo

ryoneo Senior member

Holy crap the Blues are hitting everything in sight. Keith Tkachuk is a MONSTER.

C'mon Canucks!

Edit: wow way for the canucks to finish on the powerplays! Total swing of momentum in the 2nd. Knock on wood.

Sundin is out and they said that Paul Kariya might come back.

6. bawlin

bawlin Senior member

Canucks are gonna win the cup if they keep playing like this.

7. enjoiii

enjoiii Senior member

Man the Canucks are killllling it. Im lovin this.

8. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

They're not even, though. They're playing okay but they're winning despite not being as good as they can be. Wait until they play a solid 60 minute game... that hasn't happened yet. The reason they've been winning is that they've been getting bounces, and the blues have been unable to score (also partly due to bad bounces / posts but mostly Luongo).

9. bullethead

bullethead Senior member

Looks like San Jose's post season will be a short one

10. enjoiii

enjoiii Senior member

They're not even, though. They're playing okay but they're winning despite not being as good as they can be. Wait until they play a solid 60 minute game... that hasn't happened yet. The reason they've been winning is that they've been getting bounces, and the blues have been unable to score (also partly due to bad bounces / posts but mostly Luongo).

So you don't think the Canuck's have been the better team?

11. StephenHero

StephenHero Black Floridian

As a kid I could not get enough hockey, but as the sport has slowly died in the mainstream media, my interest has flatlined. I wish there was more exposure so I could regain interest, because hockey playoffs are probably the second best postseason right behind March Madness.

12. sonick

sonick Senior member

Sundin is out and they said that Paul Kariya might come back.

With the series now 3-0, I think it'd be wise to sit Sundin at least one more game. If the Canucks manage to win the next one and get the sweep, then he'll have a week to recover from his "lower body injury."

They did great weathering the 1st period storm by the Blues and playing solid hockey for the most part, and then turning it up a notch at the opportune time (PP's, odd-man rushes, etc.) without getting into defensive lulls/brain-farts (except maybe Wellwood's mis-play on the McDonald goal).

13. svelten

svelten Senior member

As a kid I could not get enough hockey, but as the sport has slowly died in the mainstream media, my interest has flatlined. I wish there was more exposure so I could regain interest, because hockey playoffs are probably the second best postseason right behind March Madness.
    Totally depends on where you live. Out here it's the only sport any media covers since, well, it's the only major sports team since the Grizzlies moved to Memphis. 90% of Vancouver fans are bandwagoners with no dedication to the team or the sport. It looks like Joe Thornton is back to his annual post-season hiatus, with Chris Pronger resuming his usual cross checking.

14. cheessus

cheessus Senior member

Thank you Caps for not ruining my day. So far.....

15. Hard2Fit

Hard2Fit Senior member

+1.
    (Keep hope alive.)