Ice Hockey

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Stazy, Oct 22, 2006.

1. Stazy

Stazy Senior member

Holy shit...50 Cent is an Edmonton Oilers fan. lol [​IMG]

2. sonick

sonick Senior member

Holy shit...50 Cent is an Edmonton Oilers fan. lol

[​IMG]

Bummer, man.

3. MHH89

MHH89 Senior member

I don't think The Great One and The Moose appreciate 50 wearing their glory days logo.

4. sonick

sonick Senior member

Fuck Messier

-Canuck Fans.

5. sonick

sonick Senior member

Sundin Scores!!!!!

6. ryoneo

ryoneo Senior member

Sundin Scores!!!!!

Too bad they lost... Oh well, my Flyers won!

7. Spatlese

Spatlese Senior member

Sundin Scores!!!!!

Went to the game last night. I don't know how it came across on tv, but you would've thought they had won the cup with the ovation when he scored.

8. RedScarf7

RedScarf7 Senior member

Am I the only one who thinks Sundin is overrated...especially for the obscene amount he is getting paid? In the few games he has been back he has taken so many untimely penalties., granted, he had more a presence last night. I'd like to hear some Canuck fans chime in simply because it may be my Calgary Flames bias telling me he will have little impact.

9. Spatlese

Spatlese Senior member

Am I the only one who thinks Sundin is overrated...especially for the obscene amount he is getting paid? In the few games he has been back he has taken so many untimely penalties., granted, he had more a presence last night. I'd like to hear some Canuck fans chime in simply because it may be my Calgary Flames bias telling me he will have little impact.

I agree he's overrated aginast the salary he's getting for the rest of the season. I think he'll have a positive impact, but probably not as significant as many Vancouver supporters are hoping for.

10. SeriousBusiness

SeriousBusiness Well-Known Member

I agree he's overrated aginast the salary he's getting for the rest of the season. I think he'll have a positive impact, but probably not as significant as many Vancouver supporters are hoping for.

It'll give the Nucks fans someone to cheer for until Luongo comes back I guess.

11. ryoneo

ryoneo Senior member

Anybody watching the All Star Skills Comp/ Youngstars game? It's total crap.

12. Stazy

Stazy Senior member

I'll catch the highlights later...Couldn't be bothered to watch the whole thing.

13. Casual

Casual Senior member

I have it on in the background. Did you catch the tranny music act that opened the show?

14. Spatlese

Spatlese Senior member

Nope...for the reason you mention. But when are these all-star competitions (in any major sport) any good? I think the NBA dunk competition can still be entertaining. Not much else.

That said, if it's a matter of mailing it in for the sake of the fan base, then I agree with the league's decision to enforce the new rule on able participants who skip the event (i.e., making them sit out the game before or after the all star event, not an official suspension).

15. Vashin

Vashin Senior member

He's overrated for his salary, but overall he is usually underrated. He is consistent (12 seasons straight with 70+ pts on a crappy leafs team) and pretty clutch (most goals in overtime).