• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

IC: Sage de Cret Rabbit Fur Lined Fishtail (L)

Status
Not open for further replies.

baltimoron

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm going to preface this by saying that I am very much on the fence about selling this coat. However, I have another rabbit fur lined fishtail from this season and a heavy parka to keep me warm, so this coat may not see as much use as I would like. I want someone else to get a lot of wear out of this if I can't.

So, if you were not aware of this coat before, it is a Sage de Cret rabbit fur lined fishtail parka from AW14. The fabric is a stone washed cotton in army green. The stone washing gives the outside a unique mottled effect (I've tried to capture this in the pictures). For the part you really care about, the furrrrrrr, I've attempted to get a few pictures of how luxurious it is. To answer your question, yes, the fur is as soft as you think it looks, and yes it makes you feel like a badass. It might possibly make you feel more badass then this year's parka. I've worn this a handful of times, and it's been kept in excellent condition in a smoke-free home.

In case you were wondering about the differences between last year's version (this one here I'm selling) versus the most recent version on sale at NMWA, last year's model had a different fabric, the fur was more wispy (this year's is more matted), and the arms were a touch shorter. Last year's fur does shed a bit, but I think that will decrease over time. Honestly, word descriptions don't do it enough justice. Just look at the photos and you'll know everything you want to about it. I should also note that the arm length is a bit short, but I didn't really have any issues with it as the temperatures that you're usually going to be wearing it in require you to have gloves as well. The fur also peeks out of the sleeves as well, which helps with the appearance.

Measurements:

Chest (pit to pit): 23.5"
Shoulder (back seam to seam): 20"
Sleeve length (shoulder to the longest end of sleeve): 24.5
Length (from bottom of hood to end of coat): 38.5"

I am a slim L / M and US 40 and this fits well. As far as I am aware, this is the only L out there. The Japanese retailers don't buy above M and NMWA was the only place to have it online. I think it's unlikely you will ever see another one in this size again.

Price includes shipping in the USA (I won't be shipping internationally on this one) with signature confirmation and full insurance as well as paypal fees for your full protection. You may feel free to PM me with additional questions, but if you're already at this part you either know you want this or you don't.

Attachments

• IMG_1398.JPG
    IMG_1398.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1406.JPG
    IMG_1406.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_1405.JPG
    IMG_1405.JPG
    4.3 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_1399.JPG
    IMG_1399.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 28
  • IMG_1400.JPG
    IMG_1400.JPG
    4.3 MB · Views: 24
  • IMG_1401.JPG
    IMG_1401.JPG
    4.6 MB · Views: 17
  • IMG_1402.JPG
    IMG_1402.JPG
    5.4 MB · Views: 25
  • IMG_1403.JPG
    IMG_1403.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 30
  • IMG_1404.JPG
    IMG_1404.JPG
    4.1 MB · Views: 35
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Staff online

Forum statistics