1. Hi. We moved systems, and because it was impossible to achieve feature parity between the systems, we opted to archive the old B&S threads but allow users to read them so that they can put them into our new B&S system.

There is a support thread if you have any issues.

Cheers,

Fok.

IC: NWT 40R Polo Tweed 3pc suit

Discussion in 'B&S Archive' started by drducky, Oct 25, 2007.

1. drducky

drducky Senior member

**NOTE suit is actually a 40L **
    If someone is interested, I have seen a NWT 3 piece "tweedy" Polo suit (Jerome model if I remember correctly) in a 40R
    It is made in Italy by Corneliani and has a light brown herringbone pattern with a soft hand; pants are flat front, I'm pretty sure
    price would be $400 delivered in US
    measurements and pics should be up tonight

2. aportnoy

aportnoy Senior member Dubiously Honored

Interested but would need to see pictures and details...

3. robin

robin Senior member

A tweed 3 piece? I would be down for it assuming measurements work out! The Jerome jacket isn't the one with 4 buttons on it though right?

4. drducky

drducky Senior member

I'll try to pick it up tomorrow or saturday, since there seems to be interest

5. drducky

drducky Senior member

**SOLD **
    OK.. I picked up the suit, but must have looked at too many as ...
    it is tagged 40L, not reg, though the jacket length may qualify it as a Reg
    It is Polo, made in Italy by Corneliani and is the Congressman Patch model

6. robin

robin Senior member

Doh, those measurements are slightly out of my range. [​IMG] Can't wait to see pictures of it though. Edit: To add, I agree on your opinion of it being more like a 40R, and not a long. The Congressman models run on the shorter side.

7. drducky

drducky Senior member

8. robin

robin Senior member

Now that's classic. [​IMG]

9. polarbear

polarbear Well-Known Member

29" length? definitely a regular. so sad...[​IMG]

10. rnoldh

rnoldh Senior member

29" length? definitely a regular. so sad...[​IMG]

A 29" length is a Thom Browne type length for a Regular and is completely wrong for a Long (as the suit is marked).

Did you measure from the top or the base of the collar to the hem?

Is that 29" length correct in fact?

Finally the drop from a 43" chest to a 39" waist on the coat is slim. Is this the correct measurements?

Thanks!

11. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

There are some rather fashion-forward, aggressively-cut Polo 3pc suits in what might fairly be said to be more traditional/conservative fabrics (like this tweed, a really thick windowpane tweed, and also a vintage-y grey flannel) currently in circulation. I don't know for sure if the one pictured is from this range, but it could well be. I rather like them for their combining a very modern cut with old-style fabric but they're not to everyone's taste. One feature they have is a significantly shorter length than usual. Again, I don't know if this particular suit is from that range, but I found them very interesting suits.

12. drducky

drducky Senior member

that's probably why I thought it was a regular to start.. I tried it on (even though I'm a 44 in the Italian RL cuts) and it seemed a regular length
    I remeasured - the 29" length is from the base of the collar to the hem (I thought that was the standard).. the chest is definitely 43".. the waist may be closer to 40" though..
    the lapels are quite thin, so this is a modern cut (ala Thom Browne I suppose)
    I'm a pretty selfish person; just like most of the flannel and tweed pants that I sold, if this were any larger, it wouldn't be up for sale
    A 29" length is a Thom Browne type length for a Regular and is completely wrong for a Long (as the suit is marked).

Did you measure from the top or the base of the collar to the hem?

Is that 29" length correct in fact?

Finally the drop from a 43" chest to a 39" waist on the coat is slim. Is this the correct measurements?

Thanks!

13. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

I remeasured - the 29" length is from the base of the collar to the hem (I thought that was the standard).. the chest is definitely 43".. the waist may be closer to 40" though..
    the lapels are quite thin, so this is a modern cut (ala Thom Browne I suppose)

As I hinted in my previous post, I find it very exciting and reassuring to see items like this in the Polo range, rather than just limited to Black and Purple Label. It shows even the "standard", more price-sensitive Ralph Lauren range is capable of having some real interest and excitement in it as well as the classics.

Anyway, that's by-the-by to your sale, I guess! [​IMG]

14. robin

robin Senior member

For what it's worth, I have many jackets with 29" length backs and they're not Browne-ish at all. I would have already bought this from him if my shoulders were not so dang narrow.

15. chobochobo

chobochobo Rubber Chicken Dubiously Honored Moderator

Very nice, I could almost go for it - except that I bought the vest in that exact material recently [​IMG]