IAnyone from Toronto?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by moosio, Apr 4, 2005.

1. moosio

moosio Member

Any Torontonians active members? I'm a newbie here.... and i was just wondering. Great forum you guys got here. [​IMG]

2. Aaron

Aaron Senior member

Hey look, it's West Bloor. Welcome btw, you're going to learn a lot and have some fun, it's a fairly dynamic board.

A.

3. fkl118

fkl118 Senior member

Yep, there are plenty of Torontonians here. Welcome, how may we be of service?

4. tattersall

tattersall Senior member

Displaced Torontonian ... now living in paradise.

5. Ranjeev

Ranjeev Senior member

Welcome to the board andn ice pic. I'm from the Toronto area but in Kingston right now for school. I'll be back in summer for work.

6. Ranjeev

Ranjeev Senior member

Welcome to the board and nice pic.  I'm from the Toronto area but in Kingston right now for school.  I'll be back in summer for work. Sorry for the double post guys.

7. moosio

moosio Member

oh wow... One of the Toronto's greatest assets are its people [​IMG] Good to be here ppl, thanks for the warm welcome. tattersall, Where is this paradise you speak of? Ranjeev, Queens is a great school... I was there for my brother's graduation. Great MBA school too

8. Aaron

Aaron Senior member

Ahh BC, how I miss you so. And now that Whistler has snow. (I didn't mean for that to ryhme...).

A.

9. tattersall

tattersall Senior member

Where is this paradise you speak of?
    Ahh BC, how I miss you so. And now that Whistler has snow. (I didn't mean for that to ryhme...). A.
    Yep - short season to say the least. Live in Victoria - as close to paradise as you can get, but pretty much hell for shopping...

10. PHV

PHV Senior member

(Aaron @ April 04 2005,22:39) Quote Where is this paradise you speak of?
    Ahh BC, how I miss you so. And now that Whistler has snow. (I didn't mean for that to ryhme...). A.
    Yep - short season to say the least. Live in Victoria - as close to paradise as you can get, but pretty much hell for shopping...[/quote] How is victoria a paradise? It's more boring than sponge cake, so I doubt the weather makes up for it.

11. tattersall

tattersall Senior member

Boredom is a matter of choice, not circumstance. Â [​IMG]

12. Bradford

Bradford Current Events Moderator

Never been to Toronto - but I was wondering if the bartenders and patrons at the Mink Nightclub are really as hot as they appear on the club's website? Mink Bartenders Is it a good club or a cheesy tourist place?

13. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

I used to live in North York and Thornhill (for over 7 years). Toronto is awesome, much better than So.FLA.

Jon.

14. kabert

kabert Senior member

I spent a summer during college up in Muskoka, on Lake Rosseau. Amazing, amazing place. Incredible amount of money up there too - -I've never seen so many antique boats. Boathouses the size of normal family homes, and stunning "camp" after stunning "camp." Great lake trout fishing, great water skiing, good-looking and easy girls, good local beer -- what more can a guy want? Nearly everyone summering up there seemed to be from Toronto, so it's got to be a pretty good place. (I had a good time too when I went down to toronto for the Dead show.)

15. tattersall

tattersall Senior member

Summering in the Muskokas has long been a rite of passage for the FOOFs (fine old Ontario families) when you could only get up there by train or steamship. Now, waterfront property is only affordable to entertainment or athletic celebrities or if it's been in your family for many years. The weekends are geared for parties, but be there in the middle of the week in early September and you'll have the lake to yourself ... it's almost like ... paradise [​IMG] We have two places (my wife's family and my family) and so split our time in August between the two cottages (fyi 'camp' is definitely an American term for these places).