• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Hi, we have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy in anticipation of the upcoming new Calfornia laws, the CCPA. If you are a resident of California, these rights pertain to you. Thanks - Styleforum Team.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

I won this EG. What do you think guys?

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Stunning!

jjgold

Reaction score
was this shoe on ebay? Are you selling the Polo?

MilanoStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I won the EG on eBay. I have Polo one currently. I am going to wait for the shoes very very patiently. Is there a way to buy 808 F fitting lasted shoe trees? or Do I need to order them from EG?

von Rothbart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They absolutely beautiful, nice score!

Are you sure about the fit by going one size down and one width size up? I have no experience with 808, I understand it's retired last that is a predecessor to the 888 last. Someone here mentioned that there're many fit issues with 808, so EG addressed the issue by modifying the 808 to become the 888.

scnupe7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice shoes, but that F width is going to be really wide. It is equivalent to a US F.

toniok

Reaction score
Nice shoes, though the colour looks a bit strange for burnt ping (or is it just the light)?

how much did you pay?

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I think they are ugly and wouldn't look good on your feet, of course you could always give them to me instead of throwing them away...

scnupe7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by toniok
Nice shoes, though the colour looks a bit strange for burnt ping (or is it just the light)?

I was thinking the same. They look more like dark oak.

MilanoStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My feet is not that really wide but not really narrow either. It shapes like up-side down trapizoid; starts narrow from ankle and grows wider to toes.

I have other UK shoes on F fitting. They are not from EG but they fit ok on me. I saw some other UK seller selling EG shoes on eBay; 82 last 8.5-9UK F fitting. He posted the measurements of the shoes and they were 12 inches long and 4.25 inches wide (outsole). I have shoes that are just as wide as those and fit me well. Well I am hoping that this shoes fit me well.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great catch I think!

UR003

Reaction score
Does anyone know until what year Green made the Top Drawer line, from which I believe this pair is one? The shoes are stunning, BTW. Really great. Congratulations.

von Rothbart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by UR003
Does anyone know until what year Green made the Top Drawer line, from which I believe this pair is one? The shoes are stunning, BTW. Really great. Congratulations.

How can you tell this pair was from the Top Drawer line?

I hope this answers your question re EG top line:

Originally Posted by kabert
EG had a Top Shelf grade for a few years, but they no longer do (stopped in late 90s I think).

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 58 17.6%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 110 33.4%
  • 8”

Votes: 99 30.1%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 36 10.9%
  • 9”

Votes: 13 4.0%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 7 2.1%