I wish I had a Trunk Monkey

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by DNW, Sep 16, 2008.

1. DNW

DNW Senior member

Barely 2 weeks into living near NYC and my gf's car window was broken into last night. There was hardly anything to take, except for the GPS mount on the windshield and a pair of Raybans on the driver side's visor. The moron didn't take the GPS mount, and probably didn't see the Raybans clipped onto the visor. 250 bucks gone down the drain because some motherfucker had nothing else better to do on a Monday night. I feel like a dumbass for leaving anything remotely resembles value visible inside the car, and that this was a decently safe neighborhood. [​IMG]

2. FidelCashflow

FidelCashflow Senior member

That sucks. I know one guy who had his car broken into 3 times in a month last year. Some models are just prone to that.

3. Connemara

Connemara [URL='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jST2Sv63WQ']

If you buy me bourbon and cheeseburgers I will guard your car forever.

4. West24

West24 Senior member

If you buy me bourbon and cheeseburgers I will guard your cock forever.

fixed

5. DNW

DNW Senior member

If you buy me bourbon and cheeseburgers I will guard your car forever.

Only if you promise not to have ghey sex in the back of the car.

6. MCsommerreid

MCsommerreid Senior member

I don't think trunk monkey means what you think it means. Even though it really should.

[​IMG]

7. grimslade

grimslade Senior member

WHat is a trunk monkey?

8. VKK3450

VKK3450 Senior member

Are there racial connotations?

K

9. skiwebster

skiwebster Senior member

i've known a bunch of people who have had their cars broken into because they had gps mounts, ipod adapters, etc. left in open. if a bum sees those accessories they probably hope that the more expensive item is in the car also so they'll break a window to look for it. so advice: don't leave anything remotely connected to electronics in your car. yeah its a pain to remove your gps mount every time but at least it drastically reduces your chance of a broken window.

10. speedster.8

speedster.8 Senior member

Subarban auto GRP had a bunch of ads some years ago. See youtube vid (serveral others listed next to clip) A lott of people want that button !

11. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

12. samblau

samblau Senior member

Anyone remember the scene in Robocop where the car burglar gets electrocuted? Thats some deterrent right there. As for NYC, sad reality is that, even if a cop shows up to investigate, they won't do anything to find the person. Knowing NYC, probobly some drunk Dbag that id it.

13. ohm

ohm Senior member

Anyone remember the scene in Robocop where the car burglar gets electrocuted? Thats some deterrent right there. As for NYC, sad reality is that, even if a cop shows up to investigate, they won't do anything to find the person. Knowing NYC, probobly some drunk Dbag that id it.

If nothing was stolen it's almost certainly someone drunk and breaking things. Not that that makes it any better.

And dear lord can we please make the trunk monkey happen somehow? Those are brilliant (favorite moment - trunk monkey dropping the guy off the bridge).

14. Tarmac

Tarmac Senior member

I thought the original "trunk monkey" was a car-geek phrase to describe something that would shift its own weight inside the car to help your car handle better. not sure about this though. I remember first hearing this phrase around mid 2000

15. DNW

DNW Senior member

Last night, at around 3am, a car alarm went off. It annoyed me a little, but I thought to myself "such is life in the city." About 5 minutes later, I heard bike noises on the street, right in front of my place. I gathered then that these thieves are probably on bikes so they can escape more quickly. Today, at about 1pm, in bright daylight, somebody on a bike broke into a car right across the street from my apartment. My roommate saw two dudes speeding away on their bikes. Unfortunately, she's blind as a bat without her glasses, so she couldn't make out their features. This was in the middle of fucking daylight, at a busy 4-way stop! I was shocked! After she told me the story a few minutes later, I called the local precinct 6-7 times using various different non-emergency numbers on their website. Not a single answer. Maybe they were all out to lunch. [​IMG] We have a baseball bat in the house. The next time I see two fuckers on bikes speeding away from a car alarm, I'm putting the fucking bat to use.