• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I want to move help me out.

acesup_11

Reaction score
I can work from almost anywhere. I want to take advantage of the lower housing prices and would like to move somewhere that has better weather. My ideal place to live would be somewhere warm without a lot of humidity. I guess my ideal place would be to live in Orange County, CA but I feel like somewhere like Las Vegas because of the low prices on the housing you get might be a better choice. I would appreciate some input thanks so much.

acesup_11

Reaction score
btw I don't make that much money I gross around $65K if that helps.

emptym

Reaction score
When I went home to Las Vegas for Christmas, house prices were crazy low. In my parent's neighborhood, Zillow, fwiw, had houses valued at what they were worth in the 80's. Las Vegas is a tough place to live, due to the transiency of residents, the unusual industries, and the heat. But I love it and hope I end up back there soon. If you're really interested in living there, you might read this book by Berkeley sociologists, The Real Las Vegas.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
where do you currently reside?

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
If you can really work anywhere, you should move to one of the small towns in Northern California. I lived in Healdsburg, and it was awesome. Just don't live in Santa Rosa. Anyway, during the summer, the place is crazy busy with tourists and it's alive and awesome. Tons of hot women in the summers. It can get super hot too, depending on where you are. During the winters, it's slower, but still fun. It rained 4 days a week for the months of January and February when I was there, but it was still pretty warm (50-60). I'd kill to move back.

Hombre Secreto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why the OC? Move to LA. Silver Lake and Eagle Rock ain't that expensive.

acesup_11

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hombre Secreto
Why the OC? Move to LA. Silver Lake and Eagle Rock ain't that expensive.

Isn't LA dangerous to live in?

acesup_11

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
If you can really work anywhere, you should move to one of the small towns in Northern California. I lived in Healdsburg, and it was awesome. Just don't live in Santa Rosa. Anyway, during the summer, the place is crazy busy with tourists and it's alive and awesome. Tons of hot women in the summers. It can get super hot too, depending on where you are. During the winters, it's slower, but still fun. It rained 4 days a week for the months of January and February when I was there, but it was still pretty warm (50-60). I'd kill to move back.

I just looked for a house in Healdsburg and put 240K max with central air and it came back with no matches. Again I really don't make a lot of money. Thanks for the post though.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
If you want hot, humid, and low cost of living? The Bijou.

tesuquegolfer

Reaction score
I would ask myself a lot of questions about what you want from your community. I live in Santa Fe, NM which is pretty expensive as the main industry is tourism. If I were a single guy I would not want to live here. However, there is snow skiing close by and the weather is nice with a mild winter at 7400 ft elevation. Do you like to go out to night clubs....? Albuquerque is a pretty nice city with an affordable cost of living and a pretty nice climate, not too hot in the summer or too cold in the winter at 5000+ ft elevation. I like Phoenix a lot but it is uncomfortably hot in the summer (3-4 months) but perfect the other time of the year. College towns are nice and a lot of people like living around Austin. There are plenty of articles on best cities... but it really depends on what you want. Good luck.

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Half the country is being sold at blow-out prices. Should be easy to find something.

Hombre Secreto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acesup_11
Isn't LA dangerous to live in?
And so is some parts of Orange County. LA isn't that dangerous. You will find a harder time finding a job than getting shanked in LA right now. Try Westwood or Burbank also.

roycel

Reaction score
I live in Phoenix. If I could afford my lifestyle in LA or SF, I'd move in a heartbeat. My company relo'ed me here from Los Angeles right when the economy began to tank.

LA isn't too expensive, but it is significantly more stressful at work. Everyone works a little harder to buy their bling, and the competitiveness shows in the workplace. It's a little bit annoying.

Anyhow. about Phoenix... Phoenix is super cheap. You can rent out a house for $1k. The weather is pretty good, though the summers are brutal. Outdoorsy activities are pretty good here.

The things I hate about this city are the lack of ethnic diversity, trees, and good restaurants (there are few mom and pop joints). There also are lots of old people. I see and smell death and urine everywhere... Oh and there are a ton religious married conservative people everywhere. This is not a singles town.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads