• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I want to learn about Vass f/wear

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As per title..

I have never picked up a pair & have only seen pics on SF..

Why & what?

Just deciding to either order some more C&Js as they fit me like a glove or step deeper in this area they cal MAN SHOE BRIGADE..

nmprisons

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have both handgrades from C&J and Vass. They aren't even close. I love my Vass shoes. They are superious to C&J in every possible way. If you like the look of the Vass lasts, then it is certainly worth the extra 200 bucks or so, in my opinion.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You're an addict, PG. J, I'd like to request that PG be timed out until the fever passes. It's for his own good.
Originally Posted by nmprisons
If you like the look of the Vass lasts, then it is certainly worth the extra 200 bucks or so, in my opinion.
Assuming you can get them for those prices, as opposed to US domestic prices, which are two-three times C&J prices. Why does Eiko seem to have no F-lasts?

Shikar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I dont have any experience with Vass either..but UPS brings these home on Friday...so I should know a little more soon....

Regards.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Where'd you buy 'em, Shikar?

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
J, I'd like to request that PG be timed out until the fever passes. It's for his own good.
There can only be one aportnoy. Highlander X: The Last

Shikar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by grimslade
Where'd you buy 'em, Shikar?

At a shoe store.....The worlds biggest shoe store...Ebay!!
devil.gif

Regards.
PS. Sorry sorry sorry...I had to, you know that Grim!!

Sator

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You're an addict, PG. J, I'd like to request that PG be timed out until the fever passes. It's for his own good.
Or he could start a shoe buy ticker like yours
smile.gif
Plagiarized self-help signature: It has been one week since my last shoe purchase. Here are my latest Vass:
Vass_U_OldEnglish.jpg
Vass_U_OldEnglish_side.jpg
Vass_U_brogues.jpg
Vass_U_brogues_side.jpg
I purchased them here:
Vass_Budapest.jpg
It's only three hours away from Vienna by train.

greekonomist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, now, you already know what the SF solution is: a mixed basket; get both C&J and Vass.

I have C&J and they are wonderful. But...

I'm considering my first Vass as well. From my perspective, you upgrade to Vass for the superior (almost bespoke quality) finishing and the MTO options. And the F- and U-lasts.
inlove.gif

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sator
Or he could start a shoe buy ticker like yours
smile.gif

Plagiarized self-help signature:
It has been one week since my last shoe purchase.

Hey, admitting you have a problem is the first step to recovery... It's the next step that's giving me problems.

CodeRed

Reaction score
Seems like the law of diminishing returns to me. C&J are great...Vass 2-3X as expensive..definitely better but I'll stick with C&J for now..however splurging is OK too. You really cant lose. If you buy them, I will be a little jealous
smile.gif

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
For that matter, custom orders from Ron Rider allow for endless MTO possibilities and the quality is top notch. I have 1 pair of EG and I can't say that, in wearing them day to day, I can discern an appreciable difference in quality between those and my Marteganis. Not when they're on my feet anyways.

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm patiently waiting for Guido's Edward Green inquiry thread

Harry Lean

Reaction score
l agree. Probably better for him if he sticks to Prada and C&J. Vass has the potential to be dangerous.
Why does Eiko seem to have no F-lasts?
He doesn't have much of anything in stock. Needs to be ordered.

Toiletduck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey, admitting you have a problem is the first step to recovery... It's the next step that's giving me problems.

Its only a problem when you don't post photos of them on SF...tsk tsk

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads