• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I want to change my look. Could I pull off long hair / medium long hair?

Reaction score
Hi all. I've had the same haircut for a while now, broke up with my girlfriend and want to change my look. For the last few years I've had grade three around the sides, longer on top and a little messy (pics of me at the bottom). It looks good and might be the best for my face shape (or not?). In the past it has been longer at points but never that long. My hair is definitely on the fine side (doesn't curl at all but does get wavy maybe, has always been like this) . I wash it in the morning and it gets a bit oily by the end of the day. I wondered if I could pull of a haircut like Michiel Huisman?

e2756f9ebefb6a61c28f6f27077e6452.jpg

I wanted to try something longer but a shorter alternative might be this one? Or longer but not as messy this one? Or maybe my hair would end up like Adam Driver or Keanau Reeves.

Taking a look at the below pictures and based off my fine hair, and roundish face shape, are any of these looks possible? Would it suit me? If not how else could I change my look? Not sure if more forehead would be better for my face or not. My face is pretty round and without much of a jaw. My facial hair also exists but its pretty thin.

Pics of my hair now and over a few years.

Cheers for any help!

jesscold88

Reaction score
I like men with long hair, but just changing the hair does not mean changing the whole image

sajesak

Reaction score
Hi all. I've had the same haircut for a while now, broke up with my girlfriend and want to change my look. For the last few years I've had grade three around the sides, longer on top and a little messy (pics of me at the bottom). It looks good and might be the best for my face shape (or not?). In the past it has been longer at points but never that long. My hair is definitely on the fine side (doesn't curl at all but does get wavy maybe, has always been like this) . I wash it in the morning and it gets a bit oily by the end of the day. I wondered if I could pull of a haircut like Michiel Huisman?

e2756f9ebefb6a61c28f6f27077e6452.jpg

I wanted to try something longer but a shorter alternative might be this one? Or longer but not as messy this one? Or maybe my hair would end up like Adam Driver or Keanau Reeves.

Taking a look at the below pictures and based off my fine hair, and roundish face shape, are any of these looks possible? Would it suit me? If not how else could I change my look? Not sure if more forehead would be better for my face or not. My face is pretty round and without much of a jaw. My facial hair also exists but its pretty thin.

Pics of my hair now and over a few years.

Cheers for any help! HR courses in Malaysia provide a comprehensive and contemporary education in human resource management, equipping students with the skills and knowledge needed to excel in the dynamic world of HR and contribute to the growth of organizations across various industries. check out from here Eduk8u
today I did a saran wrap treatment at home. I noticed that my hair was a little dry after my roller set Sat. Anyway, I had taken it down and my hair was shining and bouncin'. I was so proud!.....

Then I get a comment from a lady (who I respect very much) that wears a TWA. I told her that I am starting a hair journal and I have been visiting hair boards, and that I wanted to grow my hair long...she asks me, "Why do you need long hair?" :eek:hwell: She proceeded to talk about how she doesn't "fool with all those chemicals, yada yada." (I am relaxed.)

I just looked at her and said, "I just want long hair." I didn't feel like I needed to give her a reason! Personally I think that long hair is attractive & I am tired of wearing my hair short, even though short hair can be very pretty as well.

(Below are pics of my hair before and after the saran wrap treatment today.)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads