• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I want to buy the Pure Blue Japan XX-005 can anyone tell me how the waist size runs?

bluetox

Reaction score
New guy here, first topic,
smile.gif
I did a search and saw two topics selling 005's but I couldnt gleam much info from them. I decided to buy the PBJ XX-005 and would like to know how the sizing runs. For reference I have a pair of APC NS at 29, and earnest sewn hutch at 31, both of which fit me snug and perfectly, I'm usually a 30-31 depending on the manufacter. I'm not too familiar with japanese denim I read some of the JP denim older topics but it was a bit jumbled for a JP denim noob like me. So can anyone suggest which size I should get? Thanks in advance. Edit: Also are they raw, or one wash? What type of stretching, or shring should I expect? Thanks again.

Dangydang

Reaction score
Get a 31 or 32, depending on how you want them to fit. Keep in mind that the thighs on these run pretty damn slim.

bluetox

Reaction score
My thighs are not that thick, so I dont think that might be a problem. I want them to be nice and snug.

headtowall

Reaction score
I got them in the same size as my New Standards(30) and am happy with the fit. I've had them almost a week and thus far stretch has been minimal. There are pictures in the Denim and WDYWT threads.

greentea

Reaction score
dont be another victim of the curse. make sure you get the right size.
lookaround.gif

Ott

Reaction score
what's the sizing like on the XX-003s? Similar?

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My AI-001 in size 32 measure pretty much an exact 32.

Ott

Reaction score
well I just sent money to coldrice for a pair of XX-005s size 30, I usually wear 29s in raw denim, and 27 in New Standards... so here's hoping they fit me.

I'll post pics when they get here!
smile.gif

pacioli

Reaction score
Originally Posted by xcoldricex
they are one wash.

Are you sure? I just picked up a pair yest. They don't look washed to me (except the denim looks quite furry).

Gordon/Yugi at BIG confirmed they were raw.

digital_denim

Big Lose
Reaction score
Gordon told me they were raw too. I think Bears can get the raw, but they say it may take 3 days. At least that's what I can decipher from the translated page.

bluetox

Reaction score
Thanks so far for the info everyone.

Originally Posted by Ott
well I just sent money to coldrice for a pair of XX-005s size 30, I usually wear 29s in raw denim, and 27 in New Standards... so here's hoping they fit me.

I'll post pics when they get here!
smile.gif

I actually exchanged the APC NS size 29 for a 27 they are tight as hell, right now I breaking them in, they should be fine in a couple of weeks of expanding at the hips, I like them slim. I think were roughly the same size, you could be my test subject
smile.gif
Looking forward to your pictures, and size impressions. Thanks.

BTW: There is no real rush for me to get them just yet, I have about a month and a half or so, because it's summer right now and I only were jeans at night, or days in the low 80's F.

Ott

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bluetox
you could be my test subject
smile.gif

lucky me
laugh.gif

Everything I've read says that these XX-005s run true to size or maybe a bit small in their one-wash state, so I'm really praying these fit me.

Also for the record my 27 New Standards were obscenely tight at first, it took me like 20 minutes to get them buttoned.. but now with a little effort I can pull them off without unbuttoning them.
plain.gif

Dangydang

Reaction score
I've gone through two pairs of XX-005s and both pairs were dead on true to size. As a note, I can wear a size 27 APC NS and I couldn't even button up XX-005s in a size 28. They were literally leggings on me. I'm pretty damn skinny too considering I only weigh 120lbs, and the size 30s are perfect on me.

Ott

Reaction score
thats good to hear dangy, exactly what I wanted them to fit like..

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads