1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 7: A Made-to-Measure suit from Lanieri

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Made-to-measure suit from Lanieri. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

I want to buy the Pure Blue Japan XX-005 can anyone tell me how the waist size runs?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by bluetox, Jul 12, 2006.

1. bluetox

bluetox Active Member

Thanks for the pics ott. I bought the 005's today and just took some pics. I bought them in size 29 thankfully it was really about a 29.75 a little snug but they didn't have 30's, I wish it will stretch out about 1/3-1/2 of a size that would be the ideal otherwise they are amazing jeans. Also a cute girl said I looked good in them [​IMG] PBJ's seem to run a bit off because I tried the AI-001 in a size 30 but I could not button them up it felt like a 28. I also tried the 003's in a 30 and that waist size was true to size.

I bought them in blue in green that place is great I was in there for over 2 hours today, they have really cool staff I chatted with them for a bit, awesome shop. I also tried on the samurai's forgot which model number but it was the slimmest they make, the oni's also forgot which model but I liked the fit on me, might get them, and the studio D'artisan 103, they looked ok but I liked the oni better.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. mizanation

mizanation Senior Member

glad you liked the xx-005's, they look great on you. btw, i'm the guy who helped you at the store. hope to see you again!

3. Dangydang

Dangydang Senior Member

Me in my size 30s. Fits perfectly...not too tight, not too loose. The 28s I had were unbearable and looked like leggings on me. Judging from the way my 30s fit, the 29s probably would have been a bit too uncomfortable as well. Hopefully these won't stretch too much cause they're perfect as is.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Ott

Ott Senior Member

bluetox: those look REALLY long on you, I assume that's because the XX-005s from BIG were the raw ones and mine are one-wash? Have you soaked em yet?

Dangydang: hello twin [​IMG]

5. mizanation

mizanation Senior Member

as far as fit goes, this is my rule of thumb for the pbj-xx005s.

if you have hips, size one up, because the jeans are low-rise so you need an extra inch to cover your extra hip width. i wear a 31 in most repros, so a 32 in the xx-005 is perfect for me.

if you don't have hips, get your regular size.

do people concur on this?

6. Ahaz

Ahaz Senior Member

The jeans look great on all you guys. It's a good thing I have too much dry denim already...

7. mizanation

mizanation Senior Member

a couple pics of mine:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. bluetox

bluetox Active Member

bluetox: those look REALLY long on you, I assume that's because the XX-005s from BIG were the raw ones and mine are one-wash? Have you soaked em yet?

No not yet, I'm still deciding if I should break them in for a couple of weeks first or cold soak them right away. I hate the summers it's to hot to wear jeans especially the 005's it's going to be 90+ F in NY this week. I'm dying to wear them too.

glad you liked the xx-005's, they look great on you. btw, i'm the guy who helped you at the store. hope to see you again!

Heh, thanks again the 005's look great on you.

Dangydang: Looking sharp.

9. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Dangydang and others, have they stretched out much on you?

10. bluetox

bluetox Active Member

^^^

I probably wore them about 10 times so far, it hasn't streched out that much yet probably about .35 of an inch. These things are a beast I still havn't broken them in yet. They are still freaking stiff!!! I'm guessing after they break in they should stretch out more

11. BerserKer

BerserKer Member

Are the xx-005s on blue in green's website one wash or dry.[​IMG]

12. yawn

yawn Well-Known Member

13. BerserKer

BerserKer Member

So would I have to size down or true for the dry.

14. Sabrosa

Sabrosa Senior Member

Hmm...so if my pair of RRDS are size 28, should I get a 28 or 29 in the 005?

15. DNW

DNW Stylish Dinosaur

Arrrgh...you people are giving me the itch. I hadn't thought about buying new jeans for a few weeks, now I want a pair of PBJ. Fack!!!