• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I want to buy the perfect side-zip chisel toe-ish black ankle boots.

Sissy Spacerock

Reaction score
Could do hyper-luxury (you already know) used or moderate luxury (think Carmina or something) new or used. It seems exceedingly difficult to find a nice side-zip boot right now -- most of the companies I like seem to do jodhpurs, side gores, and laced boots (or have thrown themselves in fully with a workwear heritage aesthetic), but I'm not finding much in the way of side-zips. I take roughly a US 9.5, have worn EU 42/43 and UK 8 previously. Anyone have any good leads on things?

I tend to like shoes that are borderline Euro sleaze, but I'd prefer that they be made nicely -- was very sad that there are just a bit too big (have been looking at greys as well), if this is at all helpful:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1295-Suto...8228975?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item3a6981f9ef

JamesX

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Side zips are mainly for women shoes, that is why you don't find it much.

If you want it that much, just MTO it. Shoe makers that take MTO should be able to accommodate your request for zippers.

Here is a boot from http://www.scarpedibianco.com/

It is not a zip but might be something you might like.

Last edited:

JamesX

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I rarely see it for men's shoes, but nearly every female boots I seen the last few times I went shopping with friends is zipped. They are all faux Lace/Buckle/Whatever!

Sissy Spacerock

Reaction score
Men's boots have had side zips since zippers have zipped dogg the **** is you talkin bout.

Ballys look nice sometimes, but they're not put together so well.

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Here's a good boot from Bally a great co. that for some reason is not too popular on SF. The stuff is made in Switzerland and Italy for the most part.

http://www.bally.com/item//tskay/BCAD6A87/rr/1/cod10/44345063VE/areaid//sts/
Those boots are for a man whos feet will never touch concrete. Check out the paper thin soles. Bally makes comfortable footwear (I own 2 pairs of their loafers) but they are not for heavy wear. This may be one reason why they don't get too much love here. They don't get hate, just not a lot of love.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads