1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

I want to buy a Burberry Trench coat

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Hero878, Aug 1, 2011.

1. Hero878

Hero878 Member

deleted post

Last edited: Aug 7, 2011
  2. Amelorn

Amelorn Senior member

The difficulty with the trenches is that there are several quality/price points. In the local Bloomingdales, they carried the Burberry London $800 trench that was cotton with a polyester lining. Ultimately on eBay, I found the cotton shell/wool lining "Made in the USA" $1795 MSRP Burberry London for $700 NWT. (And yes, it did check out as authentic on all counts). Of course, I did make a successful best offer for $500 for it. That was about 1 month ago. The seller probably found it in an outlet store for uber cheap, remembering that it is 2011 and the tag showed it as 2008.

3. viator

viator Senior member

Who will do a MTM raincoat/trenchcoat in NYC?

4. MikeDT

MikeDT Senior member

Finally a Burberry product I like.
    [​IMG]

5. Anthony K

Anthony K Senior member

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

6. togglebutton

togglebutton Well-Known Member

Is there ever an official announcement for the in-store sale or you simply have to stumble upon it? I've heard that you can give your number to Dior and they'll call you when the sale is up but i'm not sure if that applies to Burberry as well.

7. bourbonbasted

bourbonbasted Senior member

I used to purchase a good amount of stuff from them when I was younger and they would always email me/send me a postcard announcing their sales. However, it's been 4-5 years since I have stepped foot in the place so I don't know what their policies are at press time.

8. Mr Engineer

Mr Engineer Senior member

Bump...

what are some good sites to purchase a double breasted khaki color 100% cotton Burberry London trench coat?

Last edited: Oct 30, 2014
  9. AnitaMarshman

AnitaMarshman New Member

Hello,
    I don't know if you ever found your perfect Burberry Trench but I saw your blog whilst doing a Google search as I am selling mine.
    It is almost mint condition and has literally been worn only a few times, I also had it professionally cleaned recently.
    I shall probably sell it on ebay in a month or so's time.

Here are the details should you be interested

UK 8
    Colour beige
    Style Prorsum
    Double breasted
    Mid thigh in length

Can always send you a photo if you're interested, new I think it would be around £1300 and this is almost new although am selling at a much lower price.

Kind regards
    Anita Marshman

10. silkman

silkman Active Member

More Burberry talk in 2017...

I want to get this https://www.farfetch.com/gr/shoppin...m-11669085.aspx?storeid=9446&ffref=pp_recview the latest model with removable lining and removable shearling collar but no way I'm paying retail (at-40%) which comes at about 1400EUR.
    Full retail is 2300EUR

Tried it in store and is quite fitting ("slim fit"). It fitted and looked a million.

But still for all the chav reasons above, I would never consider anything with the beige tartan pattern. The one above has the pattern in black.

A similar item in ebay uk:
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1195-BURB...944817?hash=item211e571731:g:OGAAAOSwEzxYd4BL