• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I want to build a wardrobe around one style, please help

chinaman

Reaction score
Rather than describe the style I'm going for with words, here is the closest pictoral example I could find from the WAYWT threads
4871151857_d10aa08e21_z.jpg
I want to build an entire wardrobe with a similar style to this, do you guys have any advice or recommendations for brands? I'm thinking about the following basics: - a couple sockless shoes. sperrys or other boat shoes, and maybe some plain canvas shoes similar to whats in the pic above? any recommended brands? - slim khakis, and some light jeans. All pants will be cuffed, all the time, and they will be cuffed high. I have some ideas for jeans but I am totally lost with khakis, do you guys have any recommendations I could search around for? I am having trouble because I don't want slim straight khakis, I have huge thighs and thin ankles so I need something that is significantly tapered - a ton of slim button-up shirts. I am lost here too, what should I be looking for? I have always stayed away from form-fitting shirts because I have a really hard time finding shirts that fit me. my chest is much wider than my waist. the middle of my body looks like a "V" in the mirror. Do you guys have any other advice for pulling off this kind of look? I know I am asking a lot but thanks in advance for any help posted

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just email mellowfellow and ask him where he buys his clothes.

meso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ********
Do you guys have any other advice for pulling off this kind of look?

You'll need an assortment of plastic bags.

CruzAzul

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ********
I want to build an entire wardrobe with a similar style to this, do you guys have any advice or recommendations for brands?

**** Crew?

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
shirts: jcrew, fred perry, band of outsiders, uniqlo
pants: apc jeans, levis 511 twill, jcrew urban slim, rrl, rugby, uniqlo
shoes: common projects achilles low, converse, vans, keds, paul smith

read up on these brands, and try not to make threads like this.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 80 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 35 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads