• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. Passus shoes was founded by long term members of the forum and veterans of the shoes business. and is dedicated to crafting fine shoes in Budapest in a time honored tradition. Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new affiliate vendor thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

I want to build a wardrobe around one style, please help

chinaman

Reaction score
Rather than describe the style I'm going for with words, here is the closest pictoral example I could find from the WAYWT threads
I want to build an entire wardrobe with a similar style to this, do you guys have any advice or recommendations for brands? I'm thinking about the following basics: - a couple sockless shoes. sperrys or other boat shoes, and maybe some plain canvas shoes similar to whats in the pic above? any recommended brands? - slim khakis, and some light jeans. All pants will be cuffed, all the time, and they will be cuffed high. I have some ideas for jeans but I am totally lost with khakis, do you guys have any recommendations I could search around for? I am having trouble because I don't want slim straight khakis, I have huge thighs and thin ankles so I need something that is significantly tapered - a ton of slim button-up shirts. I am lost here too, what should I be looking for? I have always stayed away from form-fitting shirts because I have a really hard time finding shirts that fit me. my chest is much wider than my waist. the middle of my body looks like a "V" in the mirror. Do you guys have any other advice for pulling off this kind of look? I know I am asking a lot but thanks in advance for any help posted

meso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chinaman
Do you guys have any other advice for pulling off this kind of look?

You'll need an assortment of plastic bags.

CruzAzul

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chinaman
I want to build an entire wardrobe with a similar style to this, do you guys have any advice or recommendations for brands?

Ghey Crew?

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
shirts: jcrew, fred perry, band of outsiders, uniqlo
pants: apc jeans, levis 511 twill, jcrew urban slim, rrl, rugby, uniqlo
shoes: common projects achilles low, converse, vans, keds, paul smith

read up on these brands, and try not to make threads like this.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.