• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I want this phone - HTC HD2

Jumbie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
http://www.engadget.com/2009/10/06/h...ions-on-video/

When the original HD came out, it never really made it to the US because the 3G frequencies it used weren't compatible (although I think one version from Australia would work in certain areas with AT&T).

Reports are that this will be coming to the US in Q1 2010 although no carrier is specified as yet.

I was originally planning on getting the Touch Pro 2 but the size of this screen and the fact that it will have the new gen processor (1GHz) is enough to make me change my mind about requiring a hard keyboard. I've been using my sister's old 1st gen iPhone for a few months now and the on screen keyboard isn't as bad as I thought it would be. Throw in the larger screen size for my giant man hands and I think I'll be happy. Of course, I'm going to wait and see reports on battery life, call quality and signal strength before making a final decision but this thing looks just freaking awesome.

I've always been a fan of WinMo because of the ability to customize. Jailbreaking the iPhone helps but it still remains a far cry from the versatility I'm used to with WinMo.

This phone is supposed to be upgradeable to Win Mobile 7 whenever the hell it will be released and I've been very, very happy with Microsoft recently so I'm expecting good things. If not, I can live with Windows Mobile 6.1 or 6.5 and HTC's skin or using one of the 3rd party ones out there will take care of most of the "issues".

Man, I can't wait...

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
A good friend is also hot to trot on this phone. I will wait for the Mossberg review, but it looks very nice.

oscarthewild

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If it had wimax too, it would be fantastic. The data transfer rates on wimax far what the cellular carriers can push. Often that is the bottle neck. The HTC quartz has wimax but wimax is floundering in the US.

Ariston

Reaction score
If it's Windows Mobile I'll pass. I have a BB Curve 8900 for work (meh) and a TMobile myTouch for play. Android rocks.

Gravitas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No, it isn't the Hero
facepalm.gif

No, there isn't a keyboard. It'd be ridiculous to add a keyboard to a phone with such a large multi-touch capable screen.

Yes it is WM6.5. It'll be running the Sense UI which is what the Hero has. I'm pretty sure with all the hype that this thing has already, an Android port would be out quick.

I want one, 6.5 on a Touch Pro just doesn't cut it.

Roacrarge

Reaction score
How important of a reminiscence crad hsould i have if I am going to doenloawd games onto it from a dvd?
I be neudring a psp but no respect card. It is modded and trkcked in default and i require numreous games, ut they aree o a dvd how do you keep the wolf from the door them bad the dvd and onto tbe psp honour stick. And also how bulky of a honour card hould i get. And what order of celebration card should it be, is there a strange keyboard of tribute card during games to bedowqnloaded onto it? And give me smoe tips, i welll-founded got my psp and i ma winsome advice.Thank yo guys for Readin and content reply.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Roacrarge
How important of a reminiscence crad hsould i have if I am going to doenloawd games onto it from a dvd?
I be neudring a psp but no respect card. It is modded and trkcked in default and i require numreous games, ut they aree o a dvd how do you keep the wolf from the door them bad the dvd and onto tbe psp honour stick. And also how bulky of a honour card hould i get. And what order of celebration card should it be, is there a strange keyboard of tribute card during games to bedowqnloaded onto it? And give me smoe tips, i welll-founded got my psp and i ma winsome advice.Thank yo guys for Readin and content reply.

OK, seriously, what the **** was that ^
eh.gif

BrettChaotix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Gravitas
No, it isn't the Hero
facepalm.gif

No, there isn't a keyboard. It'd be ridiculous to add a keyboard to a phone with such a large multi-touch capable screen.

Yes it is WM6.5. It'll be running the Sense UI which is what the Hero has. I'm pretty sure with all the hype that this thing has already, an Android port would be out quick.

I want one, 6.5 on a Touch Pro just doesn't cut it.

What ROM are you flashing on your TP with 6.5? I use EnergyROM and it's pretty f*cking awesome. Way faster and more responsive than the stock 6.1 ROM or a vanilla 6.5 ROM. Also includes Manilla 2
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=69545

I've spent time with the TP2 and the keyboard is the best I've ever used on a phone - hands down. I still don't want it though. I'm holding out for a while I think.

I would like to see the HTC Imagio come to Sprint. A co-worker has this phone and it has substantial hardware improvements over the TP2/Diamond2
http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/s...edPhoneId=5029

jesmin

Reaction score
I want this phone due to its features and its networking. I like this phone so much . Will you please suggest me from which link should i purchase it???HTC HD2

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads