• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I want something which appeals to most fashion aware women in a heterosexual way

Balko Fricke

Reaction score
I have never liked fashion. I chose what I could find but I never liked buying clothing and ultimately most of my stuff did not fit together.

But now I am trying to get to know more women on the streets. I just want a style for that, which can be maintained quickly and will not outcast me in public. Just as a means to an end.

The same with hair style. When I started reading some things about that I found complementary colors. But using them, ie adjusting my hair color to my facial color made me look strange, unfortunately.

Unfortunately - even if it would help a lot - I can not share a photo of me because I don't know how it will spread over the internet and who will see me. I understand it is hard to answer my question without but we have to do it without. UPDATE: I shared a blurred photo with some users, which is a compromise. If you think you can give advice, tell me and I might share it with you aswell.

To sum it up, I want something which appeals to most fashion aware women in a contributing or at least not repulsive way, that's all.

PS: I tried going to different stores but no clerk wanted my best as a lot of authors say they would. No one mentioned that they did not have anything suitable but recommended me bad products and telling me they'd look awesome on me. Fortunately I realized that before buying. So this frequently recommended approach of asking a clerk to give you fashion advice turns out to be a myth.

Last edited:

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We can't really tell what will look good on you, and even with a picture there's no way we can know what you'll feel comfortable in. Fashion/style is very individual, you need to look at pictures of other people and see what stuff you like the look of, then try lots of things on and just see what feels right. This way you can develop your own sense of style, which is the thing that would appeal to a women who's actually into fashion herself.

We can recommend all sorts of things like sportcoats and ties, but if you don't feel comfortable in them, you won't look comfortable in them. If you just wear what the internet tells you to, then it will quickly become apparent to any woman that you're just 'faking' it. Having style is not just about wearing the right clothes, but about having an aesthetic point of view, a strong opinion on what you like and what you don't, even if that opinion is not necessarily shared by other people.

Start by just browsing the WAYWRN threads and developing a sense of the things you like. You may also want to head over to the Streetwear & Denim forum if your tastes are more casual, as Men's Clothing tends to be more aimed at the sportcoat and brogues crowd, and I'm guessing you're on the younger end of the spectrum (though that doesn't mean you can't dress MC style, if you want).

Last edited:

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Start with a trim fitting leather jacket. Leather is sensual and looks better with age. Go with dark brown, waist length

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh, I assumed you were like <20 from the repeated statements of not wanting to look gay.

I found complementary colors. But using them, ie adjusting my hair color to my facial color made me look gay, unfortunately.

Adjusting your hair colour? You mean you dyed your hair? 'Complementary colours' means wearing clothes that complement your natural colours, not trying to change your natural colours. That's like the cart pulling the horse. I'm not saying you absolutely can't dye your hair, but I guarantee that your natural hair is already a colour which complements your skin tone, because that's generally just how genetics works.

Balko Fricke

Reaction score
Quote:
I want to elaborate that. I want to optimize my appearence and I heard that women feel repelled by gay appearence in a sexual way so I try to avoid that. You know I have to focus on enough **** when it comes to communication, I don't want to have a variable there aswell.
Quote:
I'm not saying you absolutely can't dye your hair, but I guarantee that your natural hair is already a colour which complements your skin tone, because that's generally just how genetics works.
Somewhat true. But if I use http://www.colorschemer.com/online.html for instance with my skin color, my hair color is not in the list. I dyed my hair on the computer using a photo of me and well, it matched better but it looked - sorry for my repetition - gay again.

Last edited:

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
By basic things that fit you well. Don't complicate it if you aren't into it.

Go someplace safe, like Brooks Brothers and let them fit you up with some khakis, some button downs, some cords. Just make sure everything fits you well and you can't go wrong.

J Crew and the like are good for basics as well - once you know what works on your body you will never have to go back to the store - you can just order online.

Oh - and stop worrying about being gay - it's cool by me.

grit

Reaction score
what you want is a gym membership. go ask this on the MMA forumz

clapeyron

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanguis Mortuum

Oh, I assumed you were like <20 from the repeated statements of not wanting to look gay.

I want to elaborate that. I want to optimize my appearence and I heard that women feel repelled by gay appearence in a sexual way to I try to avoid that. You know I have to focus on enough **** when it comes to communication, I don't want to have a variable there aswell.
Somewhat true. But if I use http://www.colorschemer.com/online.html for instance with my skin color, my hair color is not in the list. I dyed my hair on the computer using a photo of me and well, it matched better but it looked - sorry for my repetition - gay again.

in what colour did you dye your hair?

and while we are at it, I'd like a specific rundown of all your facial features...

md2010

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Q :I want something which appeals to most fashion aware women in a heterosexual way ?
A: Personality.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I suggest carrying a man purse, but keeping a gun in it.

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
fashion appeals to women but insecure men who can't dress themselves don't so i suggest you either dress yourself in a gstring and heels or just kill yourself.

nah just spend some time on here and the streetwear forum, also dieworkwear's blog and putthison are useful.

You've had 30 years of ignoring how you present yourself, now you need a lot of exposure and time to decide what you yourself like and what suits you. The best advice is that we can't tell you how to dress, but we can explain details, proportions and silhouette, different styles etc etc.

Last edited:

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score
Can you stress one more time that you're not gay? I'm getting a vibe...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics