• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I want one of those carry-ons, where do I find it?

Big A

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The kind that looks like an oversized briefcase with two zippers, one on each side of the handle. Anyone?

GradSchooler

Reaction score
Pic?

A.K.A.

Reaction score
Red Oxx - travel boss
91018-Air%20Boss_j.jpg

Briggs & Riley
231X_7e_300.jpg

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Every major luggage maker has them...

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
is there a name for this sort of bag?

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Big A
The kind that looks like an oversized briefcase with two zippers, one on each side of the handle. Anyone?

Why not continue to store the heroin up your ass, like usual?

confused.gif

- B

TheDarkKnight

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
Why not continue to store the heroin up your ass, like usual?

confused.gif

- B

You must learn to dream a little bigger, Vox.

Of course I don't know the dimensions of the OP's ass
smile.gif

emptym

Reaction score
^Or Vox's?? Hartmann or Glaser, depending on budget, would be my choice. I may spring for one of those, probably the Glaser since they're local and fanatics (in a great way) about quality. Also, Patagonia used to have a great option and may still (their MLC and a slightly smaller version). Not the type of bag that you're looking for, but for the past 10 yrs, I've used a Patagonia messenger bag for trips up to a month. The buckle for the main broke after the bag was overstuffed w/ loot from Manila and HK recently. I took it in for repair yesterday. They offered me a new one on the spot or a free repair. I opted for the repair, mainly since they no longer make it in orange, and I need the visibility on the daily commute. Edit: I'm also a fan of this bare bones ballistic bag by Manhattan Portage. But it has handles on both sides of the zipper, not zippers on both sides of the handle, as you asked.

Big A

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
porter_shorthauler_1.jpg

Like this one (suggested above), but preferably leather. I found one made by Zegna but it seemed pretty low quality.

Vox, you know that with your burgeoning habit ****** no longer provides the required volume. I had to go bigger - it's for you, big guy . . . .

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Big A
Like this one (suggested above), but preferably leather. I found one made by Zegna but it seemed pretty low quality..

Check out LV.

yodawg

Reaction score
big a, why this style? what/ how will you use them? laptop and documents? just curious...

i want to get a few pieces from briggs and riley myself.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads