• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I want a nice journal

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Moleskine is the only way to go. I won't ever use anything else. Moleskine hard cover + a nice pen = ultimate. I use one notebook for all work and personal stuff but organize it pretty well, and each lasts about 2-4 months. I feel anxious if it's more than 10 feet away from me.... Come to think of it I need a way to digitize them easily because my whole life is in them.

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I haven't read this whole thread yet. Has anyone recommended The Wall Street Journal yet?

Abliss

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
I'd like to start keeping a journal so that some day, my biographer will be able to understand my pre-presidency days.

But seriously, something basic, not too small...and fairly large. Any recommendations? Don't want to spend a fortune on it but I don't want to use a spiral notebook either.

With almost 32000 post you could just assemble all those and copy/paste. Most likely written the more importent things at this forum already.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have this one ... but not to journal ... mostly to keep notes regarding my acquisitions agenda.

9326.jpg

It's by Oberon of Santa Rosa, CA.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
giving you a head start as an early xmas gift

"i am fat"

"i eat like ****"

"patti lupone"

"steely dan"

"watching gossip girl"

"she put me in the friend zone"

"my asshole is killing me"

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You guys are so goddamn fruity. Just type in a Word file and password-protect that ****. That way you can write in it remotely from anywhere on Earth without having to carry around some corny moleskin book looking all self-important.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Products%5C007%5C326%5C9780007326235_m_f.jpg

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MetroStyles
You guys are so goddamn fruity. Just type in a Word file and password-protect that ****. That way you can write in it remotely from anywhere on Earth without having to carry around some corny moleskin book looking all self-important.
Now, now my big throbbing friend ... it goes like this: People see the computer and think ... $$$ ... I can resell on eBay ... and pay for that Kiton I want. Same people see the musty old leather jornal and think ... Eewww, Gross ... worthless.

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
I think your entire life is documented on SF, internal thoughts and all. Just copy and paste your posts into Word.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MetroStyles
You mean as opposed to the piece of technology you have to lug around to access the word file?
sarcasm.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads