• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I wanna be rich, without having to work. What's the best career for stealing money?

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

lol, how did dentistry make it into this list? dental school is far from easy and the job itself takes a toll on your health.

They make pretty good money in return for time spent in school

plei89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

lol, how did dentistry make it into this list? dental school is far from easy and the job itself takes a toll on your health.

Any medical degree actually... You know there's those doctors who book 2 separate appointments for you just so they can collect double the insurance money. And you know there are those dentists who say you need X, Y, and Z done, when you really don't.

Not trying to say all doctors are like that, but there's a handful who are.

Last edited:

munchausen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You could say that about any profession, trade or calling, though.

Kai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The most lucrative scumbag jobs are lawyer jobs.

Proposition 65 attorney. Consumer safety class action attorney. False Advertising class action attorney. Securities class action attorney. Americans with Disabilities Act attorney.

Unlike a personal injury lawyer, you don't have to worry about actually finding clients that have been injured. You can simply develop bullshit cases, sue big companies, and get money due to settlements or marsupialed juries.

A few years ago, I would have suggested patent troll, but that particular scam has become so hot and well known, that it's getting harder to find decent patents to troll with (and a recent change in the law made patent marking trolling obsolete.)

Last edited:

ShoeShopperJ

Reaction score
Personal injury lawyer?
Banker?
Financial "advisor"?
Union boss?

Two paths, both in finance:
(a) insurance sales: sell lot of insurance, you get the premiums. There are all sorts of insurance vehicles.

(b) finance: get rich people to
  • give you 10 million
  • leverage that by 100 million by borrowing from the Fed Res. at negative, 1%, or 0% interest
  • invest the 110 million
  • take a 15% plus 500,000 "administrative fee."

Kiwi Man

Reaction score

(b) finance: get rich people to
  • give you 10 million 
  • leverage that by 100 million by borrowing from the Fed Res. at negative, 1%, or 0% interest
  • invest the 110 million
  • take a 15% plus 500,000 "administrative fee."

Have you done this before? That is very detail!

DAMN!

Pinhas

Reaction score

A few years ago, I would have suggested patent troll, but that particular scam has become so hot and well known, that it's getting harder to find decent patents to troll with (and a recent change in the law made patent marking trolling obsolete.)

Thats what I was going to say. There are people who made millions just by doing that.

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The problem, even successful thievery takes a lot of work.
But seriously, sell drugs. It takes some work to get to the top but the market is huge.

true but you need to pay protection and need to hire muscle. also, chances are you are invading someone's territory...you may need to buy guns (or steal them) to protect yourself.

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i say, if you are good looking, work out and develop a model body and go on "dates" with older, rich women. make them fall in love with you and screw (figuratively and literally) them out of money. good luck.

Kajak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

true but you need to pay protection and need to hire muscle. also, chances are you are invading someone's territory...you may need to buy guns (or steal them) to protect yourself.

I recently watched a great documentary on AMC about this.

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Gambling
Trading futures
renting out land to farmers.

Superfluous Man

Reaction score

Gambling
Trading futures
renting out land to farmers.

I don't know about renting out land but gambling and trading (same thing) are extremely difficult to make a lot of money at. A mildly marsupialed child can make ~40k/year gambling with less than $15k operating capital but trading takes a lot of money to get into and a ton of time to make any money at.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads