• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I think my feet are changing size

Milhouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My running shoes are fitting tighter, and so are my climbing boots. I've been training pretty hard for a serious trip coming up this winter, and I think it is causing my feet to get bigger. It feels like increases in width, length and volume.

Anyone ever had this happen before?

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
feet, ears, and nose really never stop growing as we age.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I noticed this with ********.

Milhouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by why

I don't think lifting weights with ********** makes it stronger, but I suppose it could stretch it. Good luck with that, and don't tear it off trying to lift too heavy.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Milhouse
I don't think lifting weights with ********** makes it stronger, but I suppose it could stretch it. Good luck with that, and don't tear it off trying to lift too heavy.

No, no. You misunderstand. I've been training hard for a trip this winter and ******** has grown a lot. I used to use Ribbed for Her Pleasure, but I've had to switch to Magnums recently.

Milhouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by why
No, no. You misunderstand. I've been training hard for a trip this winter and ******** has grown a lot. I used to use Ribbed for Her Pleasure, but I've had to switch to Magnums recently.

So, I'm getting the impression that you don't think the repeated abuse of running and ruck marches can cause feet to swell?

ChicagoJohn

Reaction score
Originally Posted by grundletaint
feet, ears, and nose really never stop growing as we age.

I asked my doctor about this and he said it's absolutely false.

I think he's a liar.

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
he's a damn quack. look at pictures of old dudes. they all have big dumbo ears and toucan beaks.

Milhouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been finding some information about this. Apparently, it is a problem for a lot of athletes, particularly adventure racers and ultra long distance runners. Not much information about how to deal with it other than to have bigger shoes.

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the more pressure you put on them, the more your ligaments and muscles will loosen up and spread.

then again, you might be pregnant.

Milhouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I run in the morning, and sometimes I vomit after a run. Here I thought it was from exertion, and really it turns out it is morning sickness because I'm pregnant. Wow. The things you learn!

Mauby

Reaction score
I was told the arch of the foot starts to fall as you get older, hence making your foot "lower" but longer.

Johnathan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by why

Me too, but it always shrinks back. Weird.
eh.gif

Supertarheel

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Milhouse
I run in the morning, and sometimes I vomit after a run. Here I thought it was from exertion, and really it turns out it is morning sickness because I'm pregnant. Wow. The things you learn!

Knowing is half the battle. Go Joe!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads