• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I think I'm going to try a Beckett and Robb Suit

Kai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yep - it's completely unstructured. There's nothing in the shoulder at all besides fabric, and the shoulder seams are exactly where I wanted them for this style of jacket - if they were wider without any structure, they'd be messily falling over. I do realize it's not a look for everyone's taste, though.

I quite like the unstructured look with the linen fabric you chose.

Ulsterman

Reaction score
My new BR shirt, square and sports jacket.
20130814_193022_zps71c47f29.jpg

20130814_193929_zps4d647a7e.jpg

Just some quick pics for now, long day...

Last edited:

Kai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Picked up four Beckett & Robb suits today.

Two of them need some fit tweaking, so they're at the alterations tailor. One needs a little more room in the seat and taking in the vest, the other needs some working on the armholes.

Two of them fit well.

My current favorite of the lot is a wool/cashmere windowpane flannel 3 piece that has me looking forward to cool weather. It's a really nice suit.

Will post fit pics of one of the others (double breasted) in the next couple of days.

katabatic

Reaction score
I was in there yesterday, and the blue tweed they've added to the stocked fabrics collection is extremely tempting for a three piece, with a lapel on the vest.

Kai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I was in there yesterday, and the blue tweed they've added to the stocked fabrics collection is extremely tempting for a three piece, with a lapel on the vest. 

I would be interested in a lapel vest for my next creation. Not sure if they've done it before.

katabatic

Reaction score
I would be interested in a lapel vest for my next creation. Not sure if they've done it before.

Since there's a vest with a lapel right smack in the middle of the front page of their website, I asked, and the answer was:

Quote:

So, whether it's an SC+vest, or a 3-piece, I'm definitely going to try that option on my next order.

Kai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One of the 4 suits I just picked up:

Kai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I just took a look at the B&R website. The 2-piece that they have listed is $1,800. I'm guessing/hoping that I'm missing something. You guys didn't pay that much for these....did you?

All depends on the cloth.

They have 30-40 "stock" cloth choices that are substantially less costly than most of the non-stock cloth choices.

Probably half of their stock cloth choices are consistent, and they rotate the others in and out. You can pay as little as 700 for a suit or $3000+ depending on the cloth you choose.

Most of my suits have been stock cloth.

jebarne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I will tell you that I was at a wedding reception a couple weeks ago in SLC and was speaking to a young man who was very thin, wearing an impeccably tailored suit. sleeve length, suit details, pants, etc were perfect. Turns out it was a B&R. The fit could not have been more perfect.

My brother works in Utah and I'm trying to get him to try B&R on a suit.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
errrr.... couple things to my eye. Yes, I know you're avoiding super wide lapels because you're not gangster, but these ones seem rather skimpy, and low gorge too. See how big the gap between lapel and chest pocket is? And second, something about the combo of button placement (too low? too close together?) with tight waist, and maybe also the low gorge, seems to be giving you visual hip weight, like I'm seeing a figure 8 shape here... something looks off at the waist+hips area, particularly on the right side (in the pic), could it be the body angle to the camera?. Oh, and that's a rather full break on those trousers non? lastly, consider making cuffs slightly bigger. Anyway, just my 2cents
One of the 4 suits I just picked up:

Last edited:

Kai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

errrr.... couple things to my eye. Yes, I know you're avoiding super wide lapels because you're not gangster, but these ones seem rather skimpy, and low gorge too. See how big the gap between lapel and chest pocket is? And second, something about the combo of button placement (too low? too close together?) with tight waist, and maybe also the low gorge, seems to be giving you visual hip weight, like I'm seeing a figure 8 shape here... something looks off at the waist+hips area, particularly on the right side (in the pic), could it be the body angle to the camera?. Oh, and that's a rather full break on those trousers non? lastly, consider making cuffs slightly bigger. Anyway, just my 2cents

Thanks for the input.

Agree that the lapels would look better if they were a bit wider.

Long break on the pants is due to a wardrobe malfunction (new suspenders have stupid adjuster buckles that won't grip the thin silk fabric they are made from, and were worthless for holding the pants up.)

Also agree that it seems to accentuate my hips. I am wondering if maybe it's a tad too long. Seems like there's a little bit of this going on:

Here's a picture of another double breasted suit I own for comparison:

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads