• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I think I'm being lowballed, help me negotiate! (Special flower thread)

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
That is something that Korean IS asked in the interview, though. They said "it seems like you move to a new job every year or so, can you tell us about that?" and I basically said I wanted to get out of China, and Singapore was a good place to develop professionally, etc. I think if there's no way to do an online/weekend masters, and they won't let me teach ex. sci for them, then I'll leave my uni.

Also, is the Business forum the best forum on SF or what?

Kiwi Man

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eason
That is something that Korean IS asked in the interview, though. They said "it seems like you move to a new job every year or so, can you tell us about that?" and I basically said I wanted to get out of China, and Singapore was a good place to develop professionally, etc. I think if there's no way to do an online/weekend masters, and they won't let me teach ex. sci for them, then I'll leave my uni.

Also, is the Business forum the best forum on SF or what?

I really don't have a lot to add to this thread, but to say that I would only accept the offer from an internation school in Singapore if they were to give you 5,500 for your salary.

Other than that, good luck!

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
I saw my contact for the school on gmail chat, so I messaged him to ask if they had found a science teacher yet. He said yes, and sorry, hoped to work in the future, etc. I already decided to stay at my current job for a promotion/raise, so I figured what the **** and informed him that it's at the very least a professional courtesy to tell someone you offered a job to if you aren't going to hire him for it. Nobody at the company ever responded to my email after their offer, so I just told him "Good luck with your company." I mean it, too- I don't know how a place run so terribly will survive.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads