I think I'd wear these Diesels

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Stylin-1, Aug 17, 2007.

1. Stylin-1

Stylin-1 Senior member

2. theshonen8899

theshonen8899 Senior member

Looks like someone used a ruler to make those whiskers...

3. Fritz

Fritz Senior member

I have a pair of Levans, and as far as the cut is concerned, they are among my favourite jeans. Pure straightleg, which I thought I'd mention, because in the pic you posted they almost seem to flare a bit.

Mine are a size 30, and I don't think I have any other garment in that size anymore (mostly 32). So before you order of Ebay, you should make sure they fit you. I have tried on other Diesels, and sizes don't seem to be consistent.

4. apocalypse later

apocalypse later Senior member

Just get a pair of Ernest Sewns. I bought some Fultons at Context and they're awesome. They fit extremely well and the wash is pretty realistic.

5. DGP

DGP Senior member

Just get a pair of Ernest Sewns. I bought some Fultons at Context and they're awesome. They fit extremely well and the wash is pretty realistic.

I agree, I like their products better, however for longevity, go with Diesel. You can't destroy that denim (if it's the heavier varieties), while ES are somewhat delicate. Personally, I find the Levan too wide, and I like the Viker much, much better. The wash is alright, and, in fact, looks just like the Nudie Regular Ralf Second Hand I just received today.

All that said, for the money, I'd look for the 5EP washed jeans in the non-selvage (which I believe are considerably less expensive than the selvage).

6. Stylin-1

Stylin-1 Senior member

I agree, I like their products better, however for longevity, go with Diesel. You can't destroy that denim (if it's the heavier varieties), while ES are somewhat delicate. Personally, I find the Levan too wide, and I like the Viker much, much better. The wash is alright, and, in fact, looks just like the Nudie Regular Ralf Second Hand I just received today.

All that said, for the money, I'd look for the 5EP washed jeans in the non-selvage (which I believe are considerably less expensive than the selvage).

Already have the 5EP boot in the dark worn and they're pretty awesome. I guess I'm looking for something a little bit lighter. As far as ES goes, the Fulton looks way too skinny, the Hutch seems too flared, and the Hemingway too baggy. How slim is the Viker?

7. Stylin-1

Stylin-1 Senior member

Looks like someone used a ruler to make those whiskers...

Yeah, that is the one thing about the wash I don't care for, but the rest of the jean seems pretty decent.

8. DGP

DGP Senior member

Already have the 5EP boot in the dark worn and they're pretty awesome. I guess I'm looking for something a little bit lighter. As far as ES goes, the Fulton looks way too skinny, the Hutch seems too flared, and the Hemingway too baggy. How slim is the Viker?

I think the Vikers are sort of like the Acne Mics or ES Fulton from the knee up. They are a little bigger than either of those other two below the knee. They are completely straight, while the other two are a little tapered. If slightly lighter weight and baggier is what you want, I'd spend up a bit and get the Rag & Bone RB6. Though not a washed jean, their denim has some nice streaking, making it look almost washed. If you can find a good deal, some of the Nudie Straight Sven or Regular Ralf washed jeans would probably work.

9. Stylin-1

Stylin-1 Senior member

I think the Vikers are sort of like the Acne Mics or ES Fulton from the knee up. They are a little bigger than either of those other two below the knee. They are completely straight, while the other two are a little tapered. If slightly lighter weight and baggier is what you want, I'd spend up a bit and get the Rag & Bone RB6. Though not a washed jean, their denim has some nice streaking, making it look almost washed. If you can find a good deal, some of the Nudie Straight Sven or Regular Ralf washed jeans would probably work.

Hec no, the new RB6 are baggy like the Hemingway! The Svens are a good idea. They sound like the ideal cut for me. I've come close to buying them several times in dry selvage, but never went through with it. Figured they weren't all that much different than my RRDS. Only thing is, I've never heard anything good about Nudie's washed jeans.

10. base1001

base1001 Member

does diesel make a better quality denim than lucky? and why does lucky use spandex in most of their denim?

11. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

Lucky is awful, awful. Fit, washes, everything, ugh.

In my opinion of course.

12. Stylin-1

Stylin-1 Senior member

does diesel make a better quality denim than lucky? and why does lucky use spandex in most of their denim?

1. Yes

2. Because they've yet to realize the only benefit to spandex is when used in
    "painted on" tight jeans and that true denim aficionados wouldn't urinate on
    spandex enhanced jeans.

13. DGP

DGP Senior member

1. Yes

2. Because they've yet to realize the only benefit to spandex is when used in
    "painted on" tight jeans and that true denim aficionados wouldn't urinate on
    spandex enhanced jeans.

I take slight issue with that. I have a pair of Diesels that are "stretch" denim, and not only does the denim look really nice (raw looking, probably resin coated), they are the best travel jeans I've ever had. Try sitting on a cross-country flight in a pair of slim raw jeans. . .

14. DGP

DGP Senior member

Hec no, the new RB6 are baggy like the Hemingway! The Svens are a good idea. They sound like the ideal cut for me. I've come close to buying them several times in dry selvage, but never went through with it. Figured they weren't all that much different than my RRDS. Only thing is, I've never heard anything good about Nudie's washed jeans.

Have you tried Levans? I think they're almost as baggy. I actually don't mind how baggy the Hemingway is, it's the fact that it's baggy and bootcut that I can't stand. As for washed Nudies, I'm wearing a pair right now. Not the greatest quality, but I like them (I did get them with a store credit I didn't want to expire, and might not have gotten these at full price otherwise, but I definitely like them). Try Revolve, they often seem to have washed Nudies on sale.

15. Stylin-1

Stylin-1 Senior member

Have you tried Levans? I think they're almost as baggy. I actually don't mind how baggy the Hemingway is, it's the fact that it's baggy and bootcut that I can't stand. As for washed Nudies, I'm wearing a pair right now. Not the greatest quality, but I like them (I did get them with a store credit I didn't want to expire, and might not have gotten these at full price otherwise, but I definitely like them). Try Revolve, they often seem to have washed Nudies on sale.

Since my original question in this thread was if anyone had experience with the Levan, I'll let you answer that.[​IMG]

I am considering some washed Svens though and sorry if I offended you with the Luckys, I just don't like them.