i think i really just don't give a shite anymore

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by grundletaint, Oct 9, 2008.

1. grundletaint

grundletaint Senior member

i'm starting to really just not give a shit about anything. maybe it's because our culture is so fucked up, maybe it's the shitty economy, perhaps it's the vapid political situation. i don't even know what bank i'm gonna have soon (wells farchoviabank).

so many people around me are having emotional meltdowns. in all honesty, i really just don't care and i seem to be fine with it. whatever happens is gonna happen and it seems everything is so far out of whack that there's no real solution to anything. i'm not depressed or anything and don't want this to come off as a sadness thread. i've almost reached a lebowski-like clarity.

anybody else just over all this shit?

fuck it, dude, let's go bowling.

2. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

Dude, you're being very un-dude.

3. grundletaint

i dunno...i used to get all worked up about stuff like this constantly and i think i just hit critical mass recently. it feels weird to be able to sleep a full night.

don't sweat the petty stuff. pet the sweaty stuff.

4. denimdestroyedmylife

denimdestroyedmylife Big Winner

sounds like you've ingested more than the prescribed amount of fuckitall
    pass it to your left

5. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

i don't give a shite what you said.

6. humza

humza Senior member

i'm starting to really just not give a shit about anything. maybe it's because our culture is so fucked up, maybe it's the shitty economy, perhaps it's the vapid political situation. i don't even know what bank i'm gonna have soon (wells farchoviabank).

so many people around me are having emotional meltdowns. in all honesty, i really just don't care and i seem to be fine with it. whatever happens is gonna happen and it seems everything is so far out of whack that there's no real solution to anything. i'm not depressed or anything and don't want this to come off as a sadness thread. i've almost reached a lebowski-like clarity.

anybody else just over all this shit?

fuck it, dude, let's go bowling.

I can agree with you. I don't really give a shite either! But, I don't have anyone around me going into emotional meltdowns, either...Perhaps its just other peoples "fuckit" rubbing off on me?

7. hadamulletonce

hadamulletonce Senior member

Find something you do give a shite about and do it well. Emotional meltdowns are overrated. Find some stronger male friends that don't meltdown when times get tough. It ain't the end of days.

8. grundletaint

i think part of the thing is that i do have my own business and things are going very well (so far) and maybe that's what's allowing me to not give a shit about anything else. i just have an underlying confidence that everything will work out.

9. West24

West24 Senior member

i think part of the thing is that i do have my own business and things are going very well (so far) and maybe that's what's allowing me to not give a shit about anything else. i just have an underlying confidence that everything will work out.

in my pants

10. zerosum

zerosum Well-Known Member

I subscribe to the Wodehouse/Wilde teachings:
    to treat the serious frivolously and the frivolous seriously.