• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I think I just saw someone die

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Was really weird. I was waiting for my bus in a cafe and heard some people shouting. A few seconds later, sirens were blaring and I heard a vehicle screech to a halt. So I went outside and there was a crowd gathered around the intersection (if anyone is familiar with Columbus, it was High & E. 15th, just outside of UBX). A guy lay on the ground in a very awkward position; the driver of the car was talking to a cop and seemed to be crying. One of the paramedics looked at his watch and said the time, which leads me to believe he was pronouncing the victim dead.
crazy.gif
To be honest it was disturbing so I didn't stand around to see what would happen. It was also raining, thus I ended up walking home because traffic was going nowhere on 15th.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
I saw a man die in an accident once, just like yours, but I saw his motorcycle actually hit the semi and saw it all happen. It was mega weird.

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
Was really weird. I was waiting for my bus in a cafe and heard some people shouting. A few seconds later, sirens were blaring and I heard a vehicle screech to a halt. So I went outside and there was a crowd gathered around the intersection (if anyone is familiar with Columbus, it was High & E. 15th, just outside of UBX). A guy lay on the ground in a very awkward position; the driver of the car was talking to a cop and seemed to be crying. One of the paramedics looked at his watch and said the time, which leads me to believe he was pronouncing the victim dead.
crazy.gif

To be honest it was disturbing so I didn't stand around to see what would happen. It was also raining, thus I ended up walking home because traffic was going nowhere on 15th.

I'm confused by the chronology. Assuming the screeching sound was the car that hit the man, why did you hear it after the people shouting and the sirens?

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tagutcow
I'm confused by the chronology. Assuming the screeching sound was the car that hit the man, why did you hear it after the people shouting and the sirens?
It was the ambulance. It was literally there a few seconds after the accident, must have been in the vicinity.

CityHunter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One time I saw the cause of a major traffic backup...a huge car accident. As I drove past, there was a tarp on the ground and the wind caught on, and I am 90% sure the body under the tarp was missing a head.

ysc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've seen a couple of pretty gruesome road accidents and similar, better to just forget about it.

In Lima I saw a rickshaw get hit by a truck at full speed, that was quite disturbing, but not as disturbing as how casual everyone was about it just a minute later. The truck drove of, a stall keeper half draped a tarpaulin over the guy and everyone just got on with their day.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CityHunter
One time I saw the cause of a major traffic backup...a huge car accident. As I drove past, there was a tarp on the ground and the wind caught on, and I am 90% sure the body under the tarp was missing a head.
That's quite a mystery. First, why was the girl with the yellow ribbon walking around on a congested highway? Second, how did she lose her ribbon? Third, why was she sleeping under a tarp?
tarp-30198.jpg
n423.jpg

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
crazy.gif

It probably varies among jurisdictions, but my understanding is that paramedics can't pronounce death. I always thought this was left up to an MD, hence "dead on arrival" rather than "dead where we found him."

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MrG
It probably varies among jurisdictions, but my understanding is that paramedics can't pronounce death. I always thought this was left up to an MD, hence "dead on arrival" rather than "dead where we found him."

True, they can't pronounce death. So the time was probably pretty insignificant.

Vito

Reaction score
Miss Scarlett did it in the library with a candlestick.

West24

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i was coming home from a club and i could see a tarp on the ground. you couldnt get close because police had it blocked off but someone was shot and killed outside of the strip club there. that felt weird, i cant even imagine seeing someone die.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Yeah, takes a doctor to pronounce death, except if the person was on hospice, and then two RNs can do it.

Seriously, you guys have never seen people die/only seen one or two people die?

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
Yeah, takes a doctor to pronounce death, except if the person was on hospice, and then two RNs can do it. Seriously, you guys have never seen people die/only seen one or two people die?
I've seen plenty of car accidents and, now that I think about it, saw a car ablaze with what looked like a body inside. But seeing a person crumpled up in an unnatural position, half-under a car, is quite different.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Softies. I just killed a drifter with my blackberry.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads