• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I think I just lost a fight.

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FLMountainMan
Honestly, I think driving drunk is nowhere near as bad as groping a drunk girl (if her story's true). Seriously, the rates of accidents for driving while texting are just as bad as drunk driving. Is that as driving and texting as heinous a crime as fingering a passed out girl? And Zach and Jan, I respect you guys a lot, but if that really was the cultural norm for your social circle back then, then that's pretty scary. And I'm no spring chicken myself (34).
This very much so. I don't think it is that big of a deal to throw hands over a chester. I thought I was the only sane one in a sea of crazy.

Blackfyre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mehh I really wish you would stop giving us the story in this piece meal fashion.

Joenobody0

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mehhhh
Regardless of how stupid/not stupid my actions were, some people on here need to understand that their views of what constitutes sexual assault are wrong. If you do something sexually to a girl that later makes her cry, you deserve whatever punishment you get. If you think it's okay to finger a girl who you don't know while she's semi-passed out and completely defenseless on a bathroom floor on top of a half empty tube of Ritz crackers at 5:30 AM on her 21st birthday, you should probably be in jail for something you've done in the past. I know how it was 'back in the day'- it wasn't different, it was just wrong. Absolutely wrong. Sexual assault is not okay. If you think that the girl being attractive and wearing basically nothing changes the game, congratulations, you're blaming the victim. If you think that women often lie about sexual assault to get attention, you're probably defending yourself.

I chose to drive 10 blocks while somewhat intoxicated to get a girl out of a bad situation and I won't apologize for it. I chose to hit a guy who touched her, a guy I knew wouldn't face any other consequences, and I won't apologize for that, either.

Recently I've been talking to people and trying to piece together what happened. People have been very surprised when I tell that that I think I lost. I hit the guy hard once, with a left hook, in the jaw/ear area, one of his friends pulled me down from behind, I got up and threw a beer, and that was it. I threw 3 or 4 punches and he threw none. The only reason I thought I'd lost was because I wound up on the ground and he didn't, but as it turns out he wasn't even responsible for me being on the ground, so that's moot.

Some chicks dig that kind of ****. Guess you're not into S&M.

mehhhh

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Blackfyre
Mehh I really wish you would stop giving us the story in this piece meal fashion.

Sorry it's turning out that way. I didn't expect it to generate so much interest, and the resulting questions about details. It also took me awhile to talk to the few people I knew who were there and put together an overall picture of what happened.

clawbytes

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mehhhh
Yeah. That's right. I've been on perhaps the losing end of a physical brawl.

Anyone who's ever been involved in one of these knows that without film or bystander input, it's impossible to know what happened. But I think I lost.

But 'losing' is hard to define in this situation. Physically losing the fight, possibly. But simply starting the fight in this situation may have been a victory. Allow me to explain.

I drove an extremely, extremely drunk 21 year old girl home from a party. On the way, between moans of pain and vomiting out of my window, she told me that a guy at the party had touched her while she was drunkenly passed out in the bathroom. And I don't mean he massaged her shoulders or held her hair back, either. She was crying. Wouldn't give details. I went back to the party after dropping her off with good friends, and the fight ensued. I made sure everyone knew what the impetus for the physical altercation was, but I think that I lost.

I might have landed one solid left. I'm a southpaw, so that counts. I threw maybe 5, 6 punches. Found myself on the ground quickly, tried to hit the guy in the balls. People were holding me down. I got free, up, and threw a mostly full beer at the retreating sex offender, who continued insisting that he 'didn't want to hurt me', and backing up. I think he was sober.

He got out of the way and some randoms got me out of the door. Party over, everyone leaves, and everyone hears my outrageously loud verbal accusations about this guy being an effing sex offender. Nobody hit me. At the very least he felt awkward in the aftermath.

I lost my keys in the action and had to call a friend to drive me home.

So, did I lose?
boxing[1].gif

You lost the fight, but still maintained your honor, if that's what you're asking.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
he started a thread just hoping that someone would come along, ignore the fact he got beat up, drove a chick home drunk, and post something to tell him what an honorable and chivalrous gentleman he is.

Should I lock the thread now?

Blackfyre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lock It!

CDFS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Locking threads is so declassee

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JLibourel
^Well said! On reflecting on this, a good many women will burst into tears in the course of the act, not merely when they are losing their pucellage. I can recall one woman, a few years my senior, who had been relieved of her maidenhood about 30 years previously, who suddenly started weeping right as we were going at...just from the intensity of the experience. It was certainly very, very consensual.
Many women cry during the act of lovemaking with me as well, mostly from the realization that this is what their lives have come to.
Originally Posted by CDFS
^At least he was there, brah. Your little description of the situation is apparently based on your vast experience with women in general and ****/battery accusers in particular.
Lol CDFS, I'm so sure you wouldn't have been macking on that passed-out-drunk barfing chick! Lol. Yeah right! You would have tried hard to tap that ass just like every other guy here and you would have FAILED because you have NO GAME! LOLOLOLOLOL! I bet you're one of those LOOSERS who doesn't think that a man's interactions with women should be guided entirely by a single-minded quest for ***** (like an Alpha WINNAR!), but instead thinks they should be mediated by a sense of empathy and appropriateness due any member of the human species (Read: Omega VIRGEEN!)
Originally Posted by FLMountainMan
Honestly, I think driving drunk is nowhere near as bad as groping a drunk girl (if her story's true). Seriously, the rates of accidents for driving while texting are just as bad as drunk driving. Is that as driving and texting as heinous a crime as fingering a passed out girl?
As a man who has both driven drunk and groped a drunk girl, I agree with this assessment. As I've mentioned before, I used to drink 100+ oz. beer and drive five miles home twice a week. Many people disagreed with this- perhaps rightfully so- but I never came close to having a traffic accident, and I never felt as if I put anyone's life in danger. The OP only drove 2 minutes, and it doesn't seem as if he was all that drunk.

CDFS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Everything you say is true. I'm such a loser.
frown.gif

mehhhh

Reaction score
I love how out of hand this has gotten. Not being sarcastic. It brings joy to my heart.
inlove.gif

johnH123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This thread was an entertaining read until...

If a woman freely engages in behavior that verges on orgiastic, gets blotto and then suffers sexual indignities, she has only herself to blame, in my book anyway. Yeah, the guy was wrong to have copped a feel, but the girl is lucky nothing worse happened to her.

You're an idiot.

Kajak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe she wouldn't sleep with him due to his 8x10 apartment?

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by johnH123
This thread was an entertaining read until... You're an idiot.
Thank you for such a profound and insightful addition to this discussion. I still stand by what I said. Let me give another version: "If a guy goes into a biker bar, shoots his mouth off and behaves obstreperously and gets his lights punched out, he has only himself to blame." Same principle. People shouldn't be punched out either, but when you ignore the law of probable consequences....

Barnabus

Reaction score
Thank you for such a profound and insightful addition to this discussion. I still stand by what I said.

Let me give another version:

"If a guy goes into a biker bar, shoots his mouth off and behaves obstreperously and gets his lights punched out, he has only himself to blame." Same principle. People shouldn't be punched out either, but when you ignore the law of probable consequences....

yeeeah comparing those two scenarios is ridiculous

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads