1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

I think I just lost a fight.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by mehhhh, Mar 6, 2011.

1. Eason

Eason Senior member

I'm really surprised and appalled that no one has picked up that he drove her home drunk. Unless he drove her home. Drove back to the party. Got wasted. Then acted like an idiot. [​IMG]
    Are you sure it was nobody who picked up on it? Are you sure it wasn't everybody?

2. Matt

Matt Senior member

I'm really surprised and appalled that no one has picked up that he drove her home drunk. Unless he drove her home. Drove back to the party. Got wasted. Then acted like an idiot. [​IMG]
    step 1. read. step 2. post. when you get those two mixed up, you kind of look stupid. HTH.

3. CrackBaby

CrackBaby Well-Known Member

Driving drunk is worse than copping a bit of a feel bro.

Also white knights are on proper phaggytime

4. JLibourel

JLibourel Senior member

^ Jan, I've always assumed your lowest, living-under-a-rock, beer goggle standards are still high compared to most guys.

You are probably being too complimentary. Always remember the old adage, "Beauty is only a light-switch away!" In any event, I am pretty much a spent force in that department these days.[​IMG]

5. CrackBaby

You are probably being too complimentary. Always remember the old adage, "Beauty is only a light-switch away!" In any event, I am pretty much a spent force in that department these days.[​IMG]

post most recent ex?

6. mehhhh

mehhhh Senior member

Regardless of how stupid/not stupid my actions were, some people on here need to understand that their views of what constitutes sexual assault are wrong. If you do something sexually to a girl that later makes her cry, you deserve whatever punishment you get. If you think it's okay to finger a girl who you don't know while she's semi-passed out and completely defenseless on a bathroom floor on top of a half empty tube of Ritz crackers at 5:30 AM on her 21st birthday, you should probably be in jail for something you've done in the past. I know how it was 'back in the day'- it wasn't different, it was just wrong. Absolutely wrong. Sexual assault is not okay. If you think that the girl being attractive and wearing basically nothing changes the game, congratulations, you're blaming the victim. If you think that women often lie about sexual assault to get attention, you're probably defending yourself.

I chose to drive 10 blocks while somewhat intoxicated to get a girl out of a bad situation and I won't apologize for it. I chose to hit a guy who touched her, a guy I knew wouldn't face any other consequences, and I won't apologize for that, either.

Recently I've been talking to people and trying to piece together what happened. People have been very surprised when I tell that that I think I lost. I hit the guy hard once, with a left hook, in the jaw/ear area, one of his friends pulled me down from behind, I got up and threw a beer, and that was it. I threw 3 or 4 punches and he threw none. The only reason I thought I'd lost was because I wound up on the ground and he didn't, but as it turns out he wasn't even responsible for me being on the ground, so that's moot.

7. ALFAMALE

ALFAMALE Senior member

So what if she was lying...Or what if you crashed(because you were drunk driving) and she became paralyzed. Don't you think she would feel a little worse...?

8. JLibourel

JLibourel Senior member

post most recent ex?

Naw, just a crapped-out, worn-out old married man.

9. mehhhh

mehhhh Senior member

So what if she was lying...Or what if you crashed(because you were drunk driving) and she became paralyzed. Don't you think she would feel a little worse...?

But she wasn't lying, and we didn't crash.

Also, what does she gain from lying? People usually have a motivation to make something up.

You're all overestimating how drunk I was. Adrenaline and blind rage are the reasons that I have little recollection of the actual incident, not alcohol.

10. JLibourel

JLibourel Senior member

Regardless of how stupid/not stupid my actions were, some people on here need to understand that their views of what constitutes sexual assault are wrong. If you do something sexually to a girl that later makes her cry, you deserve whatever punishment you get. If you think it's okay to finger a girl who you don't know while she's semi-passed out and completely defenseless on a bathroom floor on top of a half empty tube of Ritz crackers at 5:30 AM on her 21st birthday, you should probably be in jail for something you've done in the past. I know how it was 'back in the day'- it wasn't different, it was just wrong. Absolutely wrong. Sexual assault is not okay. If you think that the girl being attractive and wearing basically nothing changes the game, congratulations, you're blaming the victim. If you think that women often lie about sexual assault to get attention, you're probably defending yourself.

I chose to drive 10 blocks while somewhat intoxicated to get a girl out of a bad situation and I won't apologize for it. I chose to hit a guy who touched her, a guy I knew wouldn't face any other consequences, and I won't apologize for that, either.

Recently I've been talking to people and trying to piece together what happened. People have been very surprised when I tell that that I think I lost. I hit the guy hard once, with a left hook, in the jaw/ear area, one of his friends pulled me down from behind, I got up and threw a beer, and that was it. I threw 3 or 4 punches and he threw none. The only reason I thought I'd lost was because I wound up on the ground and he didn't, but as it turns out he wasn't even responsible for me being on the ground, so that's moot.

If a woman freely engages in behavior that verges on orgiastic, gets blotto and then suffers sexual indignities, she has only herself to blame, in my book anyway. Yeah, the guy was wrong to have copped a feel, but the girl is lucky nothing worse happened to her.

I am glad to hear you now feel you were not humiliated in the physical encounter. I'm sure it will do much for your self-esteem.

11. West24

West24 Senior member

If a woman freely engages in behavior that verges on orgiastic, gets blotto and then suffers sexual indignities, she has only herself to blame, in my book anyway. Yeah, the guy was wrong to have copped a feel, but the girl is lucky nothing worse happened to her.

I am glad to hear you now feel you were not humiliated in the physical encounter. I'm sure it will do much for your self-esteem.

i dont exactly agree with this. lingerie parties are just themes people throw like bathing suit parties etc. i dont think it gives any one more of a right to do anything sexually then any other time. all of these parties no matter the theme are just slut fests anyway, so the lingierie doesnt really make much of a difference. so her being passed out in lingerie doesnt really make it any more ok. its pretty much saying its ok for guys to cop feels on girls dressed like sluts in clubs etc. its pretty wrong.

12. mehhhh

mehhhh Senior member

There was no "orgiastic" behavior. (I had no idea that was a real word. Wow.) Of course, nobody should ever get "blotto", as you say, especially a girl in her situation. Not a good idea, but also not okay for a guy to actually physically insert his fingers into her. And yes, she is indeed fortunate that nothing worse happened to her.

As for not being humiliated in my physical encounter...you're probably right. It won't be bad for my self-esteem.

13. Gibonius

Gibonius Senior member

i dont exactly agree with this. lingerie parties are just themes people throw like bathing suit parties etc. i dont think it gives any one more of a right to do anything sexually then any other time. all of these parties no matter the theme are just slut fests anyway, so the lingierie doesnt really make much of a difference. so her being passed out in lingerie doesnt really make it any more ok. its pretty much saying its ok for guys to cop feels on girls dressed like sluts in clubs etc. its pretty wrong.

I hope no one is trying to blame the victim, but many girls in college seem to have forgotten that they need to protect themselves. Going to a highly sexualized environment and then getting hammered, especially to the point of blacking out, is just stupid.

Doing whatever you want and then placing blame after the fact is really just not a good (or safe) way to live. Yes, morally and legally the guy would be 100% to blame. Practically..well, that's another story. You can't control other people, you can control what situations you put yourself into.

14. CrackBaby

Regardless of how stupid/not stupid my actions were, some people on here need to understand... If you do something sexually to a girl that later makes her cry, you deserve whatever punishment you get.
    No, you deserve to stay a virgin for thinking like that bro. You never been with a chick getting rid of her v-card? They ALL cry during or after. Your white knight BS doesn't fool anybody dude especially when you combine it with this:
    Recently I've been talking to people and trying to piece together what happened. People have been very surprised when I tell that that I think I lost. I hit the guy hard once, with a left hook, in the jaw/ear area, one of his friends pulled me down from behind, I got up and threw a beer, and that was it. I threw 3 or 4 punches and he threw none. The only reason I thought I'd lost was because i'm a tool that white knighted after driving drunk because I didn't score with the chick I drove home / was hoping I'd be remembered as a hero but now everybody knows I'm a tool instead and the chick was too drunk to even remember and if we call the cops she'll probably recall ME feeling her up.
    fixed it for you. Look brah, there are always 1 or 2 of you at any party. The guy to stand up super indignant whenever someone else apparently does something wrong, expecting someone to throw you a medal, meanwhile everybody else thinks you're hard on the phaggytime and a d-bag. Chill dude, she was drunk, the other dude was drunk, you were drunk/buzzed/had a few (and driving). Work on your own game, don't get all bent into knots because some other dude did what you are probably thinking about doing half the time.

15. JLibourel

JLibourel Senior member

^Well said!

On reflecting on this, a good many women will burst into tears in the course of the act, not merely when they are losing their pucellage. I can recall one woman, a few years my senior, who had been relieved of her maidenhood about 30 years previously, who suddenly started weeping right as we were going at...just from the intensity of the experience. It was certainly very, very consensual.

16. mehhhh

mehhhh Senior member

I hope no one is trying to blame the victim, but many girls in college seem to have forgotten that they need to protect themselves. Going to a highly sexualized environment and then getting hammered, especially to the point of blacking out, is just stupid.

Doing whatever you want and then placing blame after the fact is really just not a good (or safe) way to live. Yes, morally and legally the guy would be 100% to blame. Practically..well, that's another story. You can't control other people, you can control what situations you put yourself into.

Agreed. Normally, I think I would have been more upset with the girl in this situation. I don't hold her drunken state against her because 1) Somebody brought her a 4loko. I remember the first time I drank one of those, too, and it wasn't pretty, so I had some sympathy. 2) She hadn't consumed any alcohol since New Years. 3) It was, afterall, her 21st birthday.

If this had been one of my regular group of girls that I party with who are all 24 and experienced regular drinkers, I would have definitely been upset with them as well as the guy. I think this particular girl's age and inexperience/perceived innocence contributed to my rage.

No, you deserve to stay a virgin for thinking like that bro. You never been with a chick getting rid of her v-card? They ALL cry during or after. Your white knight BS doesn't fool anybody dude especially when you combine it with this:

fixed it for you.

Look brah, there are always 1 or 2 of you at any party. The guy to stand up super indignant whenever someone else apparently does something wrong, expecting someone to throw you a medal, meanwhile everybody else thinks you're hard on the phaggytime and a d-bag. Chill dude, she was drunk, the other dude was drunk, you were drunk/buzzed/had a few (and driving). Work on your own game, don't get all bent into knots because some other dude did what you are probably thinking about doing half the time.

My friend doesn't like you. I don't like you either.

17. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

I chose to drive 10 blocks while somewhat intoxicated to get a girl out of a bad situation and I won't apologize for it. I chose to hit a guy who touched her, a guy I knew wouldn't face any other consequences, and I won't apologize for that, either. t.
    Maybe I missed all the posts in which people urged you to apologize? What was the bad situation? Being drunk at a party? Because as i read your original post you didn't know the backstory until after you left with her. Also, I obviously don't know what part of town you were in, but I've been to Columbia. The city blocks aren't all that long. I have easily walked more than ten blocks to and from dinner in the evening there. Walking her home might have been a better option than driving if it was her welfare you were most concerned about?

18. CrackBaby

I have easily walked more than ten blocks to and from dinner in the evening there. Walking her home might have been a better option than driving if it was her welfare you were most concerned about?

you wouldn't understand man, how's he gonna convince the chick to leave with him if they're just walking. he'll never get laid that way....

seriously if she wasn't barfing so much or obviously upset you know what he was thinking anyways.

19. CrackBaby

My friend doesn't like you. I don't like you either.

good thing for me you fight like a girl then ain't it brah

20. mm84321

mm84321 Senior member

good thing for me you fight like a girl then ain't it brah

Haha, good one brah.