• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I think I just lost a fight.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by texas_jack
noble cause but ultimately you probably just looked like a hostile drunk who wasn't even going back to your apt to boan said accuser!

fixed

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mehhhh
Yeah. That's right. I've been on perhaps the losing end of a physical brawl.

Anyone who's ever been involved in one of these knows that without film or bystander input, it's impossible to know what happened. But I think I lost.

But 'losing' is hard to define in this situation. Physically losing the fight, possibly. But simply starting the fight in this situation may have been a victory. Allow me to explain.

I drove an extremely, extremely drunk 21 year old girl home from a party. On the way, between moans of pain and vomiting out of my window, she told me that a guy at the party had touched her while she was drunkenly passed out in the bathroom. And I don't mean he massaged her shoulders or held her hair back, either. She was crying. Wouldn't give details. I went back to the party after dropping her off with good friends, and the fight ensued. I made sure everyone knew what the impetus for the physical altercation was, but I think that I lost.

I might have landed one solid left. I'm a southpaw, so that counts. I threw maybe 5, 6 punches. Found myself on the ground quickly, tried to hit the guy in the balls. People were holding me down. I got free, up, and threw a mostly full beer at the retreating sex offender, who continued insisting that he 'didn't want to hurt me', and backing up. I think he was sober.

He got out of the way and some randoms got me out of the door. Party over, everyone leaves, and everyone hears my outrageously loud verbal accusations about this guy being an effing sex offender. Nobody hit me. At the very least he felt awkward in the aftermath.

I lost my keys in the action and had to call a friend to drive me home.

So, did I lose?
boxing[1].gif

I lack respect for you not because you can't fight or handle situations but because you drove drunk.

You should be completely ashamed of yourself.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SField
I lack respect for you not because you can't fight or handle situations but because you drove drunk wearing boxers, cowboy boots, and a jacket.

You should be completely ashamed of yourself.

+1 and fixed

intent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
facepalm.gif

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I, for one. say good on you.
**** loosing the fight, you fought the good fight. **** that she might have been lying, I REALLY doubt that she was making the story up to get you to kick his ass. Trust your intial judgement.
And **** the police, bunch of ******* nancies up in here.
Yeah driving drunk is not too cool but how drunk were you? It's easy to get all sanctimonious on the internet but many, many of us have driven after a few beers when given some distance we know we should not have.
That said, don't drive drunk, it is really, really, uncool. But so is touching up a drunk girl in the bathroom. And fights are just fights. It's part of growing up. They happen, but don't make a habit of it.

Duff_Man

Reaction score
I get in fights. A lot. Across all geographical and cultural hemispheres. It is statistically astounding that I have not been stabbed. You lost. You aren't even hurt, so it's much more humiliating. If you are on the ground throwing beer while the guy is saying "I don't want to hurt you," you have lost both the physical fight and the information war. You are the asshole. Not him. People are laughing bewilderedly at you. Next time, rather than throwing unpronated prissy little girl punches , you can humiliate the guy more by keeping your arms up around your head in a Krav Maga or Keysi like guard, getting into space, grabbing him by the head, with your thumb under his nose and your 4 fingers covering his eyes, pull back and torque. He'll fall flat on his face. This is a universally effective move that won't break your knuckles. It is also super humiliating in that it doesn't really hurt him but 'counts coup' on him.
Originally Posted by SField
you drove drunk. You should be completely ashamed of yourself.
+1 Also, you suck at fighting and have terrible judgement.

69clyde

Reaction score
Once upon a time, long ago, there was a dumb ass 27 year old (we'll call him 69clyde). AT the time clyde played in a band and one Saturday night Clyde band played on a Saturday night, which also happen to be Clydes birthday. Clyde was wasted. Luckily the bar was out in the country where there was minimum to no traffic after 2:00 am. Clyde decided he was okay enough to ride his brand new Honda Goldwing Interstate home. Big ******* mistake. So Clyde pops in Pearl Jam into the cd and heads home. While traveling at 75 mph Clyde misnavigates a turn and down he goes. Not cool. Clyde lay in a ditch next to the road for 3 hours until some early morning fishemen were driving by and see the headlight of the Honda still on (thank god). They found him and put him in the back of their truck and drove him to the closest hospital. This hospital didn't have the means to treat Clyde, so the Life Flight helicopter was summoned and flew Clyde to Houston Hermann Memorial Hospital where he stayed in ICU for 2 weeks. Clyde was released with a $70,000.00 medical bill and later got a certified letter from the local DA for DWI charges. Clyde was put on 2 year probation. This is a true story. Thank god it was only Clyde that was hurt. Moral: Don't be a Clyde...........
P.S. Clyde puncture both of his lungs and had 15 broken bones....the end
and he feels much better today and doesn't do such stupid **** anymore!!!

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by 69clyde
Once upon a time, long ago, there was a dumb ass 27 year old (we'll call him 69clyde). AT the time clyde played in a band and one Saturday night Clyde band played on a Saturday night, which also happen to be Clydes birthday. Clyde was wasted. Luckily the bar was out in the country where there was minimum to no traffic after 2:00 am. Clyde decided he was okay enough to ride his brand new Honda Goldwing Interstate home. Big ******* mistake. So Clyde pops in Pearl Jam into the cd and heads home. While traveling at 75 mph Clyde misnavigates a turn and down he goes. Not cool. Clyde lay in a ditch next to the road for 3 hours until some early morning fishemen were driving by and see the headlight of the Honda still on (thank god). They found him and put him in the back of their truck and drove him to the closest hospital. This hospital didn't have the means to treat Clyde, so the Life Flight helicopter was summoned and flew Clyde to Houston Hermann Memorial Hospital where he stayed in ICU for 2 weeks. Clyde was released with a $70,000.00 medical bill and later got a certified letter from the local DA for DWI charges. Clyde was put on 2 year probation. This is a true story. Thank god it was only Clyde that was hurt. Moral: Don't be a Clyde...........
P.S. Clyde puncture both of his lungs and had 15 broken bones....the end
and he feels much better today and doesn't do such stupid **** anymore!!!

Hate to hear that story, but glad you're alright.

I used to drive drunk quite a bit in my twenties, a practice that I justified by telling myself that I lived in LA, that it was impractical and expensive to take cabs around such a sprawling city, and that everyone pretty much has to drive drunk to get home from bars.

One night, while driving home only mildly buzzed, I drove my car off a freeway and totally destroyed it. I was more or less unhurt, which was a miracle. The cops showed up and told me that some chick had done pretty much the same thing a few weeks earlier and had died on impact. They breathalyzed me, and I passed by a fraction of a percentage. Again, extremely lucky.

Driving drunk is ******* marsupialed. There are no excuses.

69clyde

Reaction score
cheers.gif
Originally Posted by Don Carlos
Hate to hear that story, but glad you're alright.

I used to drive drunk quite a bit in my twenties, a practice that I justified by telling myself that I lived in LA, that it was impractical and expensive to take cabs around such a sprawling city, and that everyone pretty much has to drive drunk to get home from bars.

One night, while driving home only mildly buzzed, I drove my car off a freeway and totally destroyed it. I was more or less unhurt, which was a miracle. The cops showed up and told me that some chick had done pretty much the same thing a few weeks earlier and had died on impact. They breathalyzed me, and I passed by a fraction of a percentage. Again, extremely lucky.

Driving drunk is ******* marsupialed. There are no excuses.

Glad you made to broham!

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Duff_Man
Next time, rather than throwing unpronated prissy little girl punches , you can humiliate the guy more by keeping your arms up around your head in a Krav Maga or Keysi like guard, getting into space, grabbing him by the head, with your thumb under his nose and your 4 fingers covering his eyes, pull back and torque. He'll fall flat on his face. This is a universally effective move that won't break your knuckles. It is also super humiliating in that it doesn't really hurt him but 'counts coup' on him.

shredding

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
well, in all angles it really looks like you lost here.

joneog

Reaction score
Originally Posted by NorCal
...And **** the police, bunch of ******* nancies up in here...

+1

btw if she was "drunkenly passed out in the bathroom" how would she know what happened and why would anyone, police included, believe her?

americanmasculinity

Reaction score
I would say you lost. At the very least, you lost your cool. The good news: you're not a sex offender. You can use this experience for personal growth though. You feel bad about the outcome of these events. Think about what you could have done differently and how you can avoid situations like these in the future.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads