• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I think I hate San Francisco.

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was up in Salesforce Tower this week. May be a boring building but OMG the views. Interior fittings are so nuts that the guys we were with have a blanket ban on social media photos, otherwise investors will start calling to ***** about what their money has been spent on.

UnFacconable

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was up in Salesforce Tower this week. May be a boring building but OMG the views. Interior fittings are so nuts that the guys we were with have a blanket ban on social media photos, otherwise investors will start calling to ***** about what their money has been spent on.

My wife has been spending some time at an office in the building and she’s said the same.

I work in a “trendy” space (we’ve been featured in TechCrunch cribs which don’t even get me started on how that’s actually a thing) and it definitely has an appeal for people. I see the appeal but not sure if the recruiting and other benefits merit the extra expense. We just renewed our lease and the cost increase was massive so I can only imagine what the best Class A space is going for right now.

I’m exploring the market right now and would have to think about whether I might actually disfavor a management team that has chosen to take on that sort of obligation unless they are truly crushing it and flush with cash.

sfo423

Reaction score
$85 to $100 a foot in the core. Supply and demand (still) and the increadibly huge competition for talent pushes the employers to try to capture every carrot available to entice those they want.

We just renewed our lease and the cost increase was massive so I can only imagine what the best Class A space is going for right now.

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's a max severity blizzard warning for the Sierras today. Two to five feet of snow and ridgetop winds up to 110 mph. Holy fuckballs!

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All of California needs a good, wet winter. We will certainly get a good dose in NorCal in the next 24 hours.

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
RIP Munchery. Shut down today to great sadness in our household. Like, I have to cook again now? The product was good but the model always felt tough. Writing has been on the wall for a couple of years -- founders booted, new CEO, dropping markets. Anyway, thats about $150 million in total funding down the pipe.

https://munchery.com/how-it-works/

The Last Supper.

IMG_2835.jpg

Last edited:

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Aside from maybe one day a week I eat the exact same thing every day. I only eat dinner, too.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I have not liked any of the offerings we've tried from meal-delivery services. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Salesforce view, from an office gym treadmill. There are far better to the North, Golden Gate and Marin in the senior partners' offices. ;)

IMG_2846.JPG

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is Beer Week my dudes. The itinerary is set.

Screen Shot 2019-02-04 at 7.10.17 AM.png

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Barebottle is a good destination

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We have couple of nondrinkers doing the designated driver thing. Some legs are walkable if you don't mind a little light stabbing, I guess. The street scene outside Mikkeller never ceases to amaze.

I had to be up in Healdsburg today and the snow on the mountains made 101 much more bearable than usual. The fried chicken at Bravas has too much crust and too little chicken, according to me, but the garlic bread is epic.

IMG_2892.jpg

bullrams

Reaction score
Interesting architecture is easier at the small scale in San Francisco. Large projects face such a big headwind from NIMBYs, planning, and various chuckleheads on the BOS that we end up with safe designs for the most part.

I'm looking forward to Jeanne Gang's tower downtown, though:

13052-160folsom-image-004.jpg

So far, this is where it is at:

IMG_8937.JPG

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads