• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I think I hate San Francisco.

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got back from a four day "let's check the city out" trip in anticipation of our move in March. Couldn't wait to get home.

In no particular order:

Cabs, if you can find one, are filthy with drivers who have no idea where they are going.
Homeless crack heads are insanely aggressive. I had to push a guy away from my wife. Next time I bring an axe.
Waiters are way too chummy and have no idea how do do their job. Look, pal - you are not part of our conversation; don't touch me when telling me the specials; and don't remove an empty plate until we're all finished. I finally had to tell a waiter to leave the plate and he looked at me like I killed his puppy.
There's garbage on the street.
The women look like men. Up close, ugly men.
The residents are like Stepford employees of the tourism board. "Oh, you'll love it here. Did you know you can ski in the morning and surf in the afternoon?" Look closely in their eyes, however, and what you see is a tinge of fear. As if they are trapped in the Billy Mumy Twilight Zone episode.

I met up with an ex-New Yorker and asked him why the **** everyone was so nice. He replied, "It's nice to be nice." **** me.

I was blindsided by one line in a contract and am now royally fucked.

lefty
Yeah…
But the creamed spinach at House of Prime Rib?

Edit: wooooooooo.
on the phone and realized I responded to a decades old post.
I regret nothing.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Yep. And all of the crazy stuff in that article would also be true under California—the inability to withdraw the measure, not being able to submit argument in favor. It’s not just a San Francisco thing. And initiative proponents regularly mess up drafting the law.

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The article quotes a woman who has been dating for...17 years. This reminds me of the 31-year-old catcher still in double A ball. If it hasn't happened by now...
I kinda want to know why "wokeness" and "cultural awareness" are separate buckets?

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The author's assessments are sus based on her belief that a cat rescue is a suitable site for a date.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads