• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I think I hate San Francisco.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
So predictable. The pearl-clutching of the crypto fascists who think anything short of a police state is anarchy is laughable. And tiresome.

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The pearl-clutching of the crypto fascists who think anything short of a police state is anarchy is laughable.
I don't even own any Bitcoin? Or pearls ...

bullrams

Reaction score
Hi all, off-topic, has anyone used caterers for a small cocktail party? Preferably looking for catering service that would include a beverage bar for 12-14 people.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi all, off-topic, has anyone used caterers for a small cocktail party? Preferably looking for catering service that would include a beverage bar for 12-14 people.

In the Bay Area I would run ads on Craig's List looking for a Bartender/Server and ask for work experience. I would say in the ad that it was a small gathering with a pleasant group. For food, I would order take-out or pre-make food myself. I had great luck finding experienced, enjoyable people who were happy to come early and prep and stick around to clean up.

bullrams

Reaction score
In the Bay Area I would run ads on Craig's List looking for a Bartender/Server and ask for work experience. I would say in the ad that it was a small gathering with a pleasant group. For food, I would order take-out or pre-make food myself. I had great luck finding experienced, enjoyable people who were happy to come early and prep and stick around to clean up.
Thanks, Gus! Hope all well with your new setting. This is a great suggestion. I posted something, let's see the response. Yes, we already have some pre-made food. Bartending is what I was looking for. We could always lay the food buffet style.

Reactions: Gus

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Gus! Hope all well with your new setting. This is a great suggestion. I posted something, let's see the response. Yes, we already have some pre-made food. Bartending is what I was looking for. We could always lay the food buffet style.

I also found with groups of 12-20 we would offer a full bar but had an evening specialty cocktail so that the bartender can easily focus on and do in quantity in addition to pouring white wine. Guests mostly go for the specialty drink of the evening or wine and seem to enjoy a theme drink which pairs with what you are serving. Have fun!

bullrams

Reaction score
I also found with groups of 12-20 we would offer a full bar but had an evening specialty cocktail so that the bartender can easily focus on and do in quantity in addition to pouring white wine. Guests mostly go for the specialty drink of the evening or wine and seem to enjoy a theme drink which pairs with what you are serving. Have fun!
Do you have a referral for a bartender? This sounds so cool!

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

piblondin

Reaction score
Is there a bar you like that you could ask?

bullrams

Reaction score
Is there a bar you like that you could ask?

Nothing and no one available :(

Planning to prepare a batch of Manhattan in a glass pitcher:

18oz Rye
9oz Vermouth
18 dashes of Angostura bitters

Refrigerate (or chill in freezer?) for 2-3hrs (?) and then when guests arrive, take out the pitcher, place it in an ice bucket, and have the guests pour it themself. Ice, cherries and orange peel available to add. This will be the cocktail of the evening as @Gus recommended.

Will have bunch of whites/reds/beer/champagne along side on the bar table.

Prolly could infuse rye with orange peels etc like @Piobaire taught us!?

Last edited:

sfo423

Reaction score
I’d back off on the vermouth ratio to 1/3 (to 1 of rye). I use Carpano which is already sweet - not sure what brand you are using.

Also, get some Luxardo cherries. Can’t go wrong.

Nothing and no one available :(

Planning to prepare a batch of Manhattan in a glass pitcher:

18oz Rye
9oz Vermouth
18 dashes of Angostura bitters

Refrigerate (or chill in freezer?) for 2-3hrs (?) and then when guests arrive, take out the pitcher, place it in an ice bucket, and have the guests pour it themself. Ice, cherries and orange peel available to add. This will be the cocktail of the evening as @Gus recommended.

Will have bunch of whites/reds/beer/champagne along side on the bar table.

Prolly could infuse rye with orange peels etc like @Piobaire taught us!?

bullrams

Reaction score
I’d back off on the vermouth ratio to 1/3 (to 1 of rye). I use Carpano which is already sweet - not sure what brand you are using.

Also, get some Luxardo cherries. Can’t go wrong.

18oz Rye
6oz it is then!

Sable & Rosenfeld cherries
Martini & Rossi Vermouth

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads