• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I think I hate San Francisco.

UnFacconable

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally rid myself of the condo. Ended up making out okay all things considered but it was a bit of a brutal process with months of little to no activity. Fortunately one person really liked it, and, as with many other things, all it takes is one.

I guess the good news is that I still feel confident that if I wait a bit to invest, the stock market will outperform the real estate market my condo was in. Won’t make up for the drop in value I had to accept due to COVID, but felt like this was the right choice. The purchase market appears to be rebounding now but the rental market is still dismal.

Final update: Looks like I may have been wrong about the market recovering. A unit identical to the one I sold (albeit one floor higher) listed right after my sale closed for a few grand higher than my sale price. Within weeks they lowered the price twice and sold for more than 10% less than mine. They were likely a motivated/impatient seller, but this really makes it tough on other sellers looking for fair value. Mine barely appraised so I'm fortunate in so many ways to have been able to sell when I did. Better to be lucky than good as they say.

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Screen Shot 2021-02-10 at 12.59.21 PM.png

Last edited:

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Final update: Looks like I may have been wrong about the market recovering. A unit identical to the one I sold (albeit one floor higher) listed right after my sale closed for a few grand higher than my sale price. Within weeks they lowered the price twice and sold for more than 10% less than mine. They were likely a motivated/impatient seller, but this really makes it tough on other sellers looking for fair value. Mine barely appraised so I'm fortunate in so many ways to have been able to sell when I did. Better to be lucky than good as they say.

I find it hard to see these two things as unrelated.

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
His kids are mixed race. He's white. But of course the core idiocy is he would bring "diversity" to the group as he'd be both the only man and (obviously) the only gay man.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks for clarifying no idea how I missed that point. Either way that's crazy. Copies of those school board minutes would be amusing to browse (for 10-15 minutes).

Last edited:

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Isn't this a little vague? Hard to meet this standard without knowing what qualifies as "proper ventilation".
It's almost as if you're more intent on trolling than actually engaging in discussion. Let me google it for you:

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It's almost as if you're more intent on trolling than actually engaging in discussion. Let me google it for you:

Thanks for the link. Why do you consider my question trolling? I asked a simple question to what I thought was a vague bullet point. Granted, I don't have kids in school so don't have a dog in the fight but I do read a lot of disputes between school boards (and governments) and teachers unions over what's considered appropriate conditions for reopening. Some of what I have read have blamed the governments others on unions, so I asked for more detail so I could at least work toward an informed opinion.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Thanks for the link. Why do you consider my question trolling? I asked a simple question to what I thought was a vague bullet point. Granted, I don't have kids in school so don't have a dog in the fight but I do read a lot of disputes between school boards (and governments) and teachers unions over what's considered appropriate conditions for reopening. Some of what I have read have blamed the governments others on unions, so I asked for more detail so I could at least work toward an informed opinion.
If I was mistaken about the intent of your question, please accept my apology. Teachers (and especially their unions) are subject to unending disrespect and disingenuous criticism, and it's not always easy to tell the difference.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Mind-shattering

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads