• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I think I hate San Francisco.

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not the first, not the last. Clarke's in Mountain View is closing for good after 75 years, due to COVID.

1585624314758.png

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Our much-loved local restaurant has a GoFundMe to try and raise $2000 for each of their 25 front-of-house staff. Four days in, they're at about $30K and it looks like they may make it.

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've never eaten there (the one time I tried to go—with StyFo folks, actually—the wait was too long), but I admire their commitment to their people. I wish we saw similar commitment from that other guy...
Go at an off-time. Every time I eat there, which is every few years, I say that we should go more often.
Reminds me of now gone ancient seafood restaurants in NYC, like Sweets which was even older.

circumspice

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Go at an off-time. Every time I eat there, which is every few years, I say that we should go more often.
Reminds me of now gone ancient seafood restaurants in NYC, like Sweets which was even older.

If you buy a gift certificate, they really, really appreciate it.... wasn't expecting a hand signed note.

I am a single guy, so it isn't like I went whale on it, expecting to feed a boardroom of people

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
SF and the inner Bay counties just nuked the rest of the academic year. Sucks for everyone but my 8th Grade daughter having a particularly hard time with not seeing her friends again before they all split up and go to different high schools.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
All the kids transitioning at the end of this year are getting screwed. I feel bad for all of them.

sfo423

Reaction score
Private and parochial have been getting monitored Zoom, participation, homework since the day school was out due to SIP. Public, on the other hand has zero mandatory, zero organized, zero zero. One out of seven kids has no access to electronics or connectivity (which Gav fixed with one call to Google and one call to Comcast), so we make six out of seven fall further behind.

Supposedly next Monday “formal” distance learning starts so SFUSD can move kids to next grade (although most will be unprepared). So disappointing.

All the kids transitioning at the end of this year are getting screwed. I feel bad for all of them.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Private and parochial have been getting monitored Zoom, participation, homework since the day school was out due to SIP. Public, on the other hand has zero mandatory, zero organized, zero zero. One out of seven kids has no access to electronics or connectivity (which Gav fixed with one call to Google and one call to Comcast), so we make six out of seven fall further behind.

Supposedly next Monday “formal” distance learning starts so SFUSD can move kids to next grade (although most will be unprepared). So disappointing.

We have one in private, and the workload is killing us.

sfo423

Reaction score
Our mornings are dedicated to school; Zoom, assignments, reading, etc. Work suffers until PM.

On the other hand, K&L has regular deliveries coming and orders >$200 only have an $8 delivery charge (for SF). Case of Cristom pinot, four bottle variety of bourbons and one rye. Thank god my tequila selection is solid.

Unprecedented times or new normal? Choosing unprecedented.

We have one in private, and the workload is killing us.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I don't drink or take any drugs. I am seriously contemplating trying out some edibles.

cocostella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Smoke a bit first. Edibles can slap you hard if you don’t know how to dose.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Smoke a bit first. Edibles can slap you hard if you don’t know how to dose.

My wife ate a hefty dose her first time and never touched it again. My bad.

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
More for you. My wife got puking drunk on Crown Royal in a cornfield back in the 80s and I've never had to worry about my whisky stash in our two decades together.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Smoking seems particularly ill-advised at the moment. We have lots of experienced partakers who can give solid advice on easing my way into it, but I likely won't partake.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads