• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I think I hate San Francisco.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's hilarious and makes no sense at all. What if you're hit from the front then? Having your wheels turned would send the car directly into traffic while having your wheels parallel would simply crash it into the next parked car... :facepalm:

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The business about a crash is stupid. You curb your wheels so that if your parking brake fails, you roll into the curb instead of into traffic which could happen if the space ahead/behind happened to be empty.

HORNS, what do you want to say about the armory? The current tenant gives tours, ya know.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score

The business about a crash is stupid. You curb your wheels so that if your parking brake fails, you roll into the curb instead of into traffic which could happen if the space ahead/behind happened to be empty.

HORNS, what do you want to say about the armory? The current tenant gives tours, ya know.

There's been mutterings of having an SF meetup in the Upper Room.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Let's make sure Gus gets right on that.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It's pretty much a money grab as are all the the other ridiculous parking rules here.

SF even takes the fun out of sex. They had a ******* groupon for tours of the Armory:

stars_map.png
5/20/2012
1 Check-in Here
I LOVE this place. Not just the sexy stuff, but the fact that they are respectful of the community and want to give back. Did the tour with my honey because of a Groupon I got. I have to say, I was expecting a bit more history, a little less set but I'm glad I did it. After the initial shock, it was all good.

I enjoyed learning about the adult film environment they set up here and being on the actual sets, it made me a lot more comfortable seeing how these really are SETS. Like, "Oh, so the slaughter room really just has foam slabs of pork." I highly recommend the tour except if you're a total prude.

lefty

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

(...)

The hills here are a little crazy. I've parked perpendicular to the curb on some so steep that you have to make sure you have a solid hand on your door otherwise it will smash into the car next to you. To give you some perspective...

lefty

you left-coasters need better architects. That building looks like it's leaning a bit.

texas_jack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think it's the almost complete prevalence of automatic transmissions. People that grew up driving manuals tend to put on their parking break even after they move over to auto.

Pretty sure that's it.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
(...)

The hills here are a little crazy. I've parked perpendicular to the curb on some so steep that you have to make sure you have a solid hand on your door otherwise it will smash into the car next to you. To give you some perspective...

lefty

you left-coasters need better architects. That building looks like it's leaning a bit.

No way, dude. They're so good that they can make buildings which lean without falling over.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'm thinking this picture must be reversed, though, because it seems to be leaning to the right, which, as we all know, just doesn't happen here.

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

+1. You could start out parked between two cars, but what if one of them leaves? It's a safety redundancy thing: belts & suspenders. I also don't understand the people who park their manual ****** cars in neutral.

And parking brakes do fail because of user error or lack of maintenance. And then there are the early Lambo Gallardos whose parking brake releases if you pull it up too far.

If you want to preserve the pin in the auto ******, put the car into neutral first, set the parking brake and let the car settle, and then put it into park.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
****** means something else on the east coast

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

It's pretty much a money grab as are all the the other ridiculous parking rules here. SF even takes the fun out of sex. They had a ******* groupon for tours of the Armory:
stars_map.png
5/20/2012
1 Check-in Here
I LOVE this place. Not just the sexy stuff, but the fact that they are respectful of the community and want to give back. Did the tour with my honey because of a Groupon I got. I have to say, I was expecting a bit more history, a little less set but I'm glad I did it. After the initial shock, it was all good. I enjoyed learning about the adult film environment they set up here and being on the actual sets, it made me a lot more comfortable seeing how these really are SETS. Like, "Oh, so the slaughter room really just has foam slabs of pork." I highly recommend the tour except if you're a total prude.

lefty
Well, I just want to say that they've contributed quite a bit to my private enjoyment and I would love to see some stuff on a tour that I have seen on film. But yeah, groupons kind of take the fun out of this industry, don't you think?

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The more the merrier?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads