I think I hate San Francisco.

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by lefty, Nov 7, 2010.

1. GusW

GusW Senior member Dubiously Honored

2. foodguy

foodguy Senior member

At the corner of hipster and hip replacement
    when i was going north more frequently, i usually stayed at the adagio and dottie's true blue was right around the corner. liked it a lot, though my normal breakfast is about 1/4 that size.

3. imatlas

imatlas Senior member

I'm not sure, but apparently it involves public nudity, postal workers, and thick cut bacon.

4. lefty

lefty Senior member

Add this to the SF experience.

Took my wife for lunch today and walked her back to her office on Stevenson St. For those who don't know, it's a downtown business area. We passed a homeless guy in a doorway who spit at my wife and hit her bare leg. Then he laughed. It took a lot to not kick this fucking guy in the head, but my wife dragged me off.

lefty

5. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Bearded Prick Dubiously Honored

Lefty, I was down on the Embarcadero this afternoon, and I was telling my friend about how the bad stuff here just seems to home in on you. I guess it just wasn't meant to be. Sorry that happened to your missus.

In positive SF news, I had a ridiculously good burger for lunch at Americano. I also second PSG's recommendation that you skip the diners. There are plenty of great breakfasts in this town, and with the diners charging about 75 percent of what a real meal costs, you might as well go for the gusto. I really like Universal Cafe in the Mission for brunch. An everyday, easy breakfast with kids at Chow. Another easy, kid-friendly place with a diner vibe is the St. Francis Fountain on 24th. I would swear, though, that sometimes the waitstaff is still high/drunk from the night before.

6. lefty

lefty Senior member

There is a part of me that thinks I'm in some kind of bizarre Truman Show.

lefty

7. Parker

Parker Senior member Dubiously Honored

Any suggestions for a local bank that doesn't suck? I had to walk through the nudists at Castro and Market on the way to make to my bank the other day. I don't even think they were using the voter mandated "towels" on the benches.

8. sugarbutch

My friends bank with First Republic, and they are quite happy. I took one of them to look at a 1972 2002 last week, and he decided to buy. We popped into the First Republic, and it was a time warp to what banks were like when I was kid. I'd forgotten what customer service in a bank was like.

We're with BofA and I'm looking to get out. At the moment, however, it's low on the list of stuff to be done. I'm really sucking at this bleeding-heart liberal thing lately.

9. binge

binge Senior member

You can cut slices so thin....you can't even see them!

Left-o, thanks for the reminder on the Lost Landscapes show. Even with the bigger venue this year, it sold-out rather quickly. See you and the missus at the show tomorrow, yes? I plan to get there around 6:45 to get a nice seat and enjoy the pre-show show.

And for anyone who missed-out on tickets, there's rumors of an encore showing at another venue in January...I'll post some details when I know.

And +1000000000000000 on First Republic.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2011

10. lefty

lefty Senior member

Just got an email that said they sold 1400 tickets.

1400 city loving San Franciscans with me in the middle. If ever there was an opportunity for me to go postal, this would be it.

lefty

11. binge

binge Senior member

Just yell at the screen....let it out....let it all out.

12. GusW

GusW Senior member Dubiously Honored

Mechanics Bank. Truly local Bay Area. They are currently lending money to local independent retailers and manufacturers when the bigger guys won't.

13. binge

binge Senior member

14. sugarbutch

I just posted that on teh Facebook this a.m. Very cool stuff.

15. comrade

comrade Senior member

Schools will probably be a problem. I do not live in San Francisco, nor have I ever.
    I live 50km south in Palo Alto. Nevertheless, I've never heard anything positive about
    San Francisco Public ( tax-supported, free) Schools except for the famous Lowell
    High School ( ages 14-18 ). Others are better-infomed than I, but my overall impression
    is that middle and upper middle-clas parents put their kids in private school, unlike
    New York City for example where there are numerous public schools which attract
    the "gentry"